We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

[Android] XF3.6 Scheduler not showing up

Hi,
just updated my project to XF3.6 from XF3.4.
With Android, navigating to the page with the scheduler control on, it's not showing up.
Works on UWP.
Have you tried to use scheduler control with latest XF3.6 on Android?
I don't have the debug infos at this moment, but could you please check if the scheduler is working with XF3.6 on your side?
Most other stuff works...
Regards

9 Replies

DY Deivaselvan Y Syncfusion Team March 8, 2019 07:20 AM UTC

Hi Siggi, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

We have analyzed the reported behavior “Schedule doesn’t render on Android after updating the Xamarin.Forms version to 3.6 and placing inside Navigation Page” and it works fine from our end. We have created a sample by placing schedule inside Navigation Page and navigating to schedule through button click, and we have created custom view for appointments and it works fine as expected in all these scenarios. 

Sample: Schedule 
Xamarin.Forms Version: 3.6.0.220655 

Schedule Version: 16.4.0.54 

Tested Device: Redmi Note 5 

We suspect that you may missed to add “Syncfusion.SfCalendar.XForms.Android”, “Syncfusion.SfCalendar.XForms.iOS” nugets in your cross platforms projects, kindly check the same and if the sample doesn’t meet your scenario kindly revert us by modifying the sample and share us the replication procedure, devices tested and layout which hosts the schedule. 

Regards,
Deivaselvan

SI Siggi March 8, 2019 08:38 AM UTC

Hi,
thanks for the quick reply, then I will have to take a deeper look inside what's going on.

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team March 11, 2019 06:28 AM UTC

Hi Siggi, 

Thank you for the update. Please check and let us know if you have any further query. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V 

SI Siggi March 11, 2019 02:21 PM UTC

--We suspect that you may missed to add “Syncfusion.SfCalendar.XForms.Android”
Sorry, just read this again. Do you mean "sfCalendar"-package is now required when using SfScheduler (wasn't before)?

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team March 12, 2019 06:49 AM UTC

Hi Siggi, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

We have wrongly mentioned as SfCalendar instead of SfSchedule. Please check whether cross platforms NuGets referred in your cross platform project named “Syncfusion.SfSchedule.XForms.Android”, “Syncfusion.SfSchedule.XForms.iOS”.  

If you still face any issue, please modify the given sample based on your scenario and revert to us with more details. We will check on it and provide you the solution at the earliest. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V 

SI Siggi March 12, 2019 09:04 AM UTC

Hi,
well, it was working fine with XF3.4, so the nuget packages are installed in the projects.
I'm not quite sure if the change XF3.4->XF3.6 or the last update of the SfScheduler nuget packages
caused the problem.

What I found is that my DragDropSettings section is like this:

<xForms:SfSchedule.DragDropSettings>
                        <xForms:DragDropSettings 
                           AllowNavigate="true" 
                           AllowScroll="true" 
                           ShowTimeIndicator="true">                           
                        xForms:DragDropSettings>
                    xForms:SfSchedule.DragDropSettings>

Remember, this was working like a charm before.
But it has to be:
<xForms:SfSchedule.DragDropSettings>
                        <xForms:DragDropSettings 
                           AllowNavigate="true" 
                           AllowScroll="true" 
                           ShowTimeIndicator="true">
                            <xForms:DragDropSettings.TimeIndicatorStyle>
                                <xForms:TimeIndicatorStyle TextColor="Red" TextSize="13" TextFormat="hh:mm">
                                xForms:TimeIndicatorStyle>
                            xForms:DragDropSettings.TimeIndicatorStyle>
                        xForms:DragDropSettings>
                    xForms:SfSchedule.DragDropSettings>

Without the TimeIndicatorStyle it's not working and an exception is thrown when loading the page.

For me it's solved, maybe this should be examined from your side.

Regards

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team March 13, 2019 11:22 AM UTC

Hi Siggi, 

Thank you for the update. 

Based on the provided information, we have checked the reported issue “Throws exception in Schedule with Xamarin.Forms version 3.6” and working fine without any issue. We have prepared a sample based on the shared code and used DropDropSettings with TimeIndicatorStyle and without TimeIndicatorStyle and it works as expected in all the scenarios and we have ensured the same in all three platforms. 

Please find the sample for your reference, 

Sample link: Schedule 

Schedule Version: 16.4.0.54 
Xamarin.Forms Version: 3.6.0.220655 

Kindly check the sample and confirm us whether you’re still facing the same issue? If not, please modify the sample based on your scenario and revert us back with the package versions (Syncfusion, Xamarn.Forms) and device configuration details. It will be helpful for us to check on it and provide you the solution. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V  

SI Siggi March 14, 2019 07:36 AM UTC

Hi,
I checked your demo, and it's working. I don't know what's different in my project that is causing the problem....
Well, for me it's solved, thank you anyway.
Regards

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team March 15, 2019 05:26 AM UTC

Hi Siggi,  

Thank you for the update.  

We are happy that the mentioned issue is resolved at your end. Please let us know, if you face any issue with the exact issue replicating procedure / sample to provide you the solution at the earliest. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon