We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SelectedItems get RowList truncated to 2 elements when PivotColumns.Count == 1

I'm using SelectedItems from a PivotControl to generate a chart.
It turns out that when PivotColumns.Count == 1, the RowList of each element in SelectedItems can have up to 2 elements.
I'm attaching a screenshot that was taken from a sample you provided me in another post (https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/143135/selecteditems-in-pivot-control-is-always-null   http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/143135/ze/Carlos_CellSelectionDemo125496268  )
As you can see in the screenshot, when I set the pivot control to 3 PivotRows and 1 PivotColumns, the selected items are missing the value for the "State" dimension. 
Those elements should read:
Column : Canada - Amount ; Row : Bike - Bike.FY 2005 - Bike - Bike.FY 2005.British Columbia ; Value : 4605600
Column : Canada - Amount ; Row : Bike - Bike.FY 2005 - Bike - Bike.FY 2005.Brunswick ; Value : 6063300

In code, you cannot either tell apart the value that belongs to "British Columbia" from the one that belongs to "Brunswick". If you inspect each item with the debugger, you'll see that it has only 2 elements in RowList instead of 3.

I made some tests and apparently this ONLY happens when there is only ONE PivotColumn. Apart from the sample in the screenshot, I also tried a case scenario with 4 PivotRows and 1 PivotColumn, and the items still get only 2 elements in the RowList collection instead of 4.

In the case of 1 PivotRow and 1 PivotColumn it works ok.

Thanks for your support. 

4 Replies

CF Carlos Fernando Consigli March 6, 2019 10:08 PM UTC

I forgot the screenshot, here it goes.

Attachment: RowsNotIncluded_539b4f2f.zip

CF Carlos Fernando Consigli March 6, 2019 10:11 PM UTC

Correction, it actually should read:
Column : Canada - Amount ; Row : Bike - Bike.FY 2005 - Bike.FY 2005.British Columbia ; Value : 4605600
Column : Canada - Amount ; Row : Bike - Bike.FY 2005 - Bike.FY 2005.Brunswick ; Value : 6063300

TB Thirupathi Bala Krishnan Syncfusion Team March 7, 2019 01:02 PM UTC

Hi Carlos, 

We are able to reproduce the reported issue - “Selected items are not returned properly when performing selection” and we will provide the patch file for the reported issue on 21st March, 2019. 

We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Thirupathi B. 

AA Arulraj A Syncfusion Team March 21, 2019 06:27 AM UTC

Hi Carlos, 

Thanks for your patience.  

We have fixed the below reported issue “Selected items are not returned properly when performing selection” in your reported version 16.4.0.42. 

Please find the patch file from the following location:     

V16.4.0.42  
Recommended approach – exe will perform automatic configuration          
Please find the patch setup here:                                

Advanced approach – use only if you have specific needs and can directly replace existing assemblies for your build environment                           
Please find the patch assemblies alone from:           

Please find the Nugets from the below location:          

NOTE
You can change how you receive bug fixes by navigating to the following link and updating your preferences.
https://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac/patches       

Disclaimer:                         
Please note that we have created this patch for the version 16.4.0.42 specifically to resolve the issues reported in this forum #143160. If you have received other patches for the same version for other products, please apply all patches in the order received. This fix will be included in our 2019 Volume 1 main release which will be available in the end of March 2019.  

Arulraj A 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon