We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

pdfviewer

i need to do everything in server side in code behind how can do the following actions
1- load pdf file from server-side in code behind
2- printing & downloading from server-side code
i need full example please about this actions or full handling pdf file in server-side

3 Replies

SS Sathish Sivakumar Syncfusion Team March 7, 2019 11:33 AM UTC

Hi Mohammed, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

At present we do not have support to print and download the PDF documents from PDF Viewer in the sever side. However, we can load and print the PDF document in the code behind using the PDF Viewer Windows Forms reference. Please find KB link for the same from the below, 

Note:  Silent Printing will work only locally and not in the production environment. 

Also, you can load and download the PDF document in the code behind as a workaround.  Please find the online demo link for the same from the below, 

PDF Viewer: 
Our PDF Viewer control contains both the server side and client-side code. The PDF document is loaded and processed in the server side and sent the processed data in JSON format to the client for rendering and further processing in PDF Viewer. You can load the PDF document in the server side using PDF Viewer and further Print and Download operations are performed in the client. Please find the UG and the Demo link for PDF Viewer from the below, 

Please try this and revert us with more details about your requirement if the provided details does not meet your requirement. It will be helpful for us to investigate further and assist you better. 

Regards,
Sathish

EL Elswify March 7, 2019 11:56 AM UTC

There's no example explain how to load pdf file to be appear in pdfviewer i need how i can fetch pdf file from server-side and make i appear in pdfviewer such skelton example
pdfviewer1.filename="asd.pdf";
i check pdfviewer1.DocumentPath="file name" 
but nothing happen then how can i pass pdf file to pdfviewer and render it using c# code 

AA Akshaya Arivoli Syncfusion Team March 8, 2019 11:53 AM UTC

Hi Elswify, 

We have created the sample to load and view the PDF document during the control initialization using the documentPath API in PDF Viewer and shared the same in the following location, 

Please find the below UG links for reference, 

Load the documents during control initialization: 

Load PDF documents from client side: 

Getting Started: 

Please try this and let us know if you have any concerns on this. 

Regards, 
Akshaya 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon