We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Tapping in an entry in a dialog sfPicker header view does not make virtual keyboard appear

Hi,

I need to add an entry in the header view of the sfPicker.
But when i try to add it, it appears but tapping on it does not seem to make virtual keyboard appears.
Is it a known issue ?

I'm using 16.4.0.48 version and i just updated with the last one but same behaviour.

Regards,

5 Replies

VA Vanaja  Annasamy Syncfusion Team March 7, 2019 10:03 AM UTC

Hi Maxime,

We checked the reported issue “Keyboard is norot visible when focusing the entry which is placed in picker header view” in the 16.4.0.48 version and we are unable to reproduce the reported issue from our side. We have prepared a sample to show that the keyboard will be visible when focusing the entry control which is placed in the picker header view. Please have the sample from the below link.

Sample link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/F133074363406989  

Please check the sample and let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Vanaja R.A

MA Maxime March 8, 2019 08:44 AM UTC

Hi Vanaja,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

I tried to include your demo picker in my project and seems to work but i forgot a detail, my picker is in Dialog mode.

In fact i need to hide it and show it only on button click on the center of the screen.

Switching your picker to Dialog mode makes the problem appear; clicking on the picker header view entry does not make virtual keyboard appear.

Is there a solution or workaround ?

I think it's a common issue related to dialog mode for keyboard. Should i create a specific renderer of my complex component containing sf ones to clearly force the visibility of keyboard and have it on top of the window ?

Maybe i have to use inputMethodManager.showSoftInput in Android renderer but i'm not sure.

Regards

VA Vanaja  Annasamy Syncfusion Team March 14, 2019 04:40 PM UTC

Hi Maxime,

We have achieved your requirement by placing the picker control in SfPopuplayout. Based on your requirement we have prepared the sample, please download the same from the below link.

Link:  http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/AndroidPickerDemo-900222803 

Please try our sample and revert i you have any concern on this. 

Regards, 
Vanaja R.A. 

MA Maxime March 15, 2019 01:43 PM UTC

Hi Vanaja,

Thanks again for your feedback.

1) Is there a more generic solution to use sfPopupLayout without platform dependency ?

I tried to include my specific content view in the sfPopup.PopupView but it contains a main stack layout which is to not be supported in this way.

From xaml, i can use PopupView.ContentTemplate to include my layout but in this way, i can't access name of my subcomponents of the template anymore.

2) Another workaround is to used default mode for sfPicker and have a absolute layout and switch in terms of visibility to display the sfPicker over the rest of the page.

My only problem is that i don't manage to center my header view content in my sfPicker header view grid (Trying to play with HorizontalOptions attribute in vain).

Any suggestions for those two points ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Edit :
I used finally the SfPopupLayout with the PopupView ContentTemplate attribute to define my own content and it works.
I just changed my logic to have access to components in data template without their name. Thansk again!

VA Vanaja  Annasamy Syncfusion Team March 21, 2019 03:48 AM UTC

Hi Maxime,

Thanks for your update.

Query1: Is there a more generic solution to use sfPopupLayout without platform dependency ?

We are currently validating thIs query to achieve your requirement in SfPopupLayout.

Query2: How to center my header view content in my SfPicker header view.

Based on your requirement we have prepared the sample in which we made the header view content to display in the center in SfPicker header view. Please have the sample from the below link.

Sample link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/AndroidPickerDemo_2360178011

Regards,
Vanaja.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon