We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SfComboBox not showing

Hello,
I have a problem in my application.
In my page I have a SfListView with a DataTemplateSelector to show the items in an ObservableCollection. Every template is a ContentView with a Grid and several items. In one of the templates I need to use a SfComboBox, but I doesn't show up anything.

The listview:
<listView:SfListView x:Name="listView" Margin="0,5,0,0" AllowSwiping="True" AutoFitMode="Height" HorizontalOptions="FillAndExpand" ItemSpacing="0" ItemTemplate="{StaticResource DomandeTemplateSelector}" ItemsSource="{Binding ListaDomande}" VerticalOptions="FillAndExpand">
</listView:SfListView>

The template:
<ContentView x:Class="AuditManager.Views.Domanda6ViewCell" http://xamarin.com/schemas/2014/forms" x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2009/xaml" combobox="clr-namespace:Syncfusion.XForms.ComboBox;assembly=Syncfusion.SfComboBox.XForms">
<Grid Margin="0" Padding="0" ColumnSpacing="0" HorizontalOptions="FillAndExpand" RowSpacing="0" VerticalOptions="FillAndExpand">
<Grid.RowDefinitions>
<RowDefinition Height="3" />
<RowDefinition Height="Auto" />
<RowDefinition Height="Auto" />
<RowDefinition Height="3" />
</Grid.RowDefinitions>
<BoxView BackgroundColor="{Binding ColoreRisposta, Converter={StaticResource StringToColor}}" HorizontalOptions="FillAndExpand" VerticalOptions="FillAndExpand" />
<StackLayout Grid.Row="1" Margin="25,10,0,10" Orientation="Horizontal">
<Label Margin="0" FontSize="14" HorizontalOptions="FillAndExpand" HorizontalTextAlignment="Start" Text="{Binding Testo}" TextColor="{StaticResource DarkTextColor}" VerticalOptions="CenterAndExpand" />
</StackLayout>
<StackLayout Grid.Row="2" Margin="25,5" BackgroundColor="{StaticResource AppBackgroundColor}" HorizontalOptions="FillAndExpand" VerticalOptions="FillAndExpand">
<StackLayout Padding="30" HorizontalOptions="StartAndExpand" VerticalOptions="StartAndExpand">
<combobox:SfComboBox x:Name="comboBox" HeightRequest="40" TextColor="Black" />
</StackLayout>
<Entry Placeholder="{Binding PlaceholderNoteToView}" Style="{StaticResource EntryStyle}" Text="{Binding NoteToView}"></Entry>
</StackLayout>
</Grid>
</ContentView>

The code-behind of the template:
public partial class Domanda6ViewCell : ContentView
{
public Domanda6ViewCell()
{
InitializeComponent();

List<string> countryNames = new List<string>
{
"Great Britain",
"Uganda",
"Ukraine",
"Canada",
"France",
"Italy",
"United Kingdom",
"China",
"Japan"
};
comboBox.ComboBoxSource = countryNames;
}
}

SfComboBox version is 16.4.0.53, Xamarin Forms is 3.5, OS is Android (I haven't tested it on other OS yet).
What am I missing?

Thanks in advance,
Matteo

6 Replies

VA Vanaja  Annasamy Syncfusion Team March 6, 2019 12:59 PM UTC

Hi Matteo, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

We have fixed the reported issue in our latest version (16.4.0.54). Please upgrade the Syncfusion.Xamarin.ComboBox to the latest version(16.4.0.54) and check whether the issue has been resolved in your side. 

Regards, 
Vanaja R.A. 

MC Matteo Comi March 7, 2019 03:23 PM UTC

Hello,
unfortunately updating SfComboBox control to version 16.4.0.54 didn't solve my issue.
Any further help?

Regards,
Matteo

ET Eswaran Thirugnanasambandam Syncfusion Team March 11, 2019 12:51 PM UTC

Hi Matteo,

Thanks for your update.

The reported issue “SfComboBox not showing in SfListview” has been fixed. This fix will be included in our upcoming Volume 1 release which will be available in mid of March 2019.

Regards,
Eswaran T

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team March 29, 2019 12:26 PM UTC

Hi Matteo 

We are glad to announce that our Essential Studio 2019 Volume 1 release (v17.1.0.38) is rolled out and is available for download under the following link. 

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance. 

Regards,  
Muneesh Kumar G. 

MC Matteo Comi March 29, 2019 02:14 PM UTC

Hello,
this release solved my issue.

Thanks,
Matteo

MS Mugundhan Saravanan Syncfusion Team April 1, 2019 10:06 AM UTC

Hi Matteo

We glad that the reported problem resolved at your end. Please let us know if you have any other queries,

Regards,
Mugundhan S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon