We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Radial Tree with dynamic source

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

143023 Feb 28,2019 08:15 PM UTC Mar 1,2019 07:07 AM UTC Vue 1
Tags: Diagram
Rebecca Wyman
Asked On February 28, 2019 08:15 PM UTC

I'm having some trouble getting the radial tree to work with a dynamic data source.  I've tried setting the data equal to an object array that gets updated in various cases, I've also tried using a DataManager in the same way binding to an array and I've also tried using the DataManager with a URL and WebApiAdaptor.

I'm using Vue and Typescript.  The only way I've been able to get the data to update is to clear the data, reset it and then refresh.
this.$refs.diagram.clear();
this.$refs.diagram.ej2Instances.dataSourceSettings.data = value;
this.$refs.diagram.ej2Instances.refresh();

What is the correct way to have a radial tree with a remote data source that can be refreshed without refreshing the page?

Ramya Thirugnanam [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 1, 2019 07:07 AM UTC

Hi Rebecca, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.  

We have created a sample to update the data source of radial tree dynamically. Please find the sample in beloe link 

Sample: Radial Tree 

In this sample, we have changed the data source of the radial tree in button click. Please find below code snippet for how to change the data dynamically. 

var data1 = new DataManager(data); 
                diagramInstance.dataSourceSettings.id = 'Id'; 
                diagramInstance.dataSourceSettings.parentId = 'ReportingPerson'; 
                diagramInstance.dataSourceSettings.dataManager = data1; 
                diagramInstance.dataBind(); 

Instead of refresh method, please use dataBind method to change the modified data.We have attached a screen shot for how data source update before and after button click 

Before button click 

After Button click 

Regards, 
Ramya T 

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Please sign in to access our forum

This page will automatically be redirected to the sign-in page in 10 seconds.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;