We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Dynamic Creation of Tabs with ListView (and other issues)

I have custom controls to dynamically create tabs based on the needs for each feature. Each tab contains a list of tickets. 

In 16.4.0.52 and lower, this works correctly every time. 

In 16.4.0.53, the tabs are displayed each time but the list view is never populated. 

In 16.4.0.54, the tabs and the list view are displayed correctly the first time navigating to a page with this control. The second time navigating to any page with this dynamic tab control, either back to the first page or to a different page, the tabs are displayed, but the list view is not populated. If I rotate the device from portrait to landscape, which causes the screen to re-render, the list view is now shown. I can then rotate the device back to portrait and everything is correct on the page. Static tabs with a bound list view work every time. I've attached a project that exhibits this behavior.

This is a separate issue and probably requires a separate thread, but... when an SfTabView is wrapped in a Stacklayout or Grid with multiple other child views displayed vertically, Samsung devices leave a gap at the bottom on first rendering. When navigating back to the page, the gap is no longer there. It seems that the renderer now successfully knows the appropriate height for each view. I've confirmed that this only happens on Samsung. I have a Nokia that renders correctly every time. Android OS version does not matter. 

Finally, the latest version does not work in iOS with MvvmCross's MvxObservableCollection. I think this is more of a question for the Syncfusion team rather than MvvmCross as I believe this has worked in past versions, and that Mvx class has not changed since July 2018. As with the second question above, I can create a separate project for this if you need further help isolating this.

Attachment: SfTabViewDynamicTabItems_320e2d97.zip

8 Replies

VA Vanaja  Annasamy Syncfusion Team March 4, 2019 12:49 PM UTC

Hi Elisa,

Greetings from Syncfusion.

We have validated the reported issue tabview rendering issue in Android and we have fixed the reported issue already. The fix will be included in our Volume 1, 2019 release.

Regarding the issue in iOS we have tried to reproduce the issue in the attached project and we have got the below exception in screenshot on selecting the third item. Can you please provide us with more details that you are facing the same issue which is occurred in Xamarin ListView. If not provide the sample to replicate the exact issue in our tab view control in iOS It will help us to work further with your requirement. 

Note: If you need of the patch for Android, we will provide the consolidated patch (Android and iOS)

Regards,
Vanaja R.A. 

EL Elisa March 4, 2019 03:58 PM UTC

When do you plan to release volume 1, 2019? Should I only use Nuget packages that are in a specific release, such as the ones in https://www.syncfusion.com/products/release-history/estudio/xamarin, as opposed to using ones that are released in the Stable channel of Nuget? I would like to try out the release that you say has the fix.

For the iOS issue, represented in the first and second items, "Rapid Response" and "Task Schedule", you'll see that the tabs are not rendered, just a blank page. If MvxObservableCollection is replaced with ObservableCollection everywhere in the solution, the tabs are displayed. Like I said, MvxObservableCollection worked in previous versions of SfTabView, and MvvmCross has not made any changes to that class since July 2018, so I believe the issue is with Syncfusion, not MvvmCross. I would like to use MvxObservableCollection as they have added some nice extension methods, such as AddRange.

VA Vanaja  Annasamy Syncfusion Team March 8, 2019 03:47 AM UTC

Hi Elisa, 

We have deployed your sample in iOS in which SfTabView does not gets rendered and blank page appeared. We face the same issue in our previous versions. Please let us know you are reporting the same issue and provide video for reproducing the issue and it will help us to work further with your requirement. 

Regards, 
Vanaja R.A. 

VA Vanaja  Annasamy Syncfusion Team March 8, 2019 03:49 AM UTC

Hi Elisa, 

Please ignore our previous update.

Our Volume 1 Main release is scheduled to be rolled out by the end of March 2019.

We have deployed your sample in iOS in which SfTabView does not gets rendered and blank page appeared. We face the same issue in our previous versions. Please let us know you are reporting the same issue and provide video for reproducing the issue and it will help us to work further with your requirement. 

Regards, 
Vanaja R.A. 

EL Elisa March 8, 2019 09:47 PM UTC

I have provided the code; I'm not sure why I would also need to provide a video. You can see from the project I attached to the original post "that the tabs are not rendered, just a blank page." I had originally thought this was an issue with the MvxObservableCollection class. I was wrong; this also happens with the original ObservableCollection. I've updated the original solution to use ObservableCollection. Dynamic creation of the tab items in the code-behind works in Android but not in iOS.

Attachment: SfTabViewDynamicTabItems_b0a0f309.zip

VA Vanaja  Annasamy Syncfusion Team March 13, 2019 12:12 PM UTC

Hi Elisa,

We have tried to deploy the provided sample in your last update. We are facing the below issue on deploying in iOS.  

Please provide us with the working sample so that it will be help us to proceed further.

Regards,
Vanaja R.A. 

EL Elisa March 13, 2019 03:05 PM UTC

Hi Vanaja,

I do not get that error when running the project. The project I sent you should work. If you continue to get an error, confirm that you have all of the necessary Nuget packages. To hopefully get us closer to a resolution, I've attached a video. You will see that the Rapid Response and Task Schedule pages do not show the tabs or anything contained in them. Those two pages create the tabs dynamically. The third page, Static Tab, does show tabs; obviously that one is created statically in the XAML.

Thanks,

Elisa Schrader

Attachment: iPhone_7_iOS_12.1_3_13_2019_7_57_32_AM_b8c7e5d6.zip

ET Eswaran Thirugnanasambandam Syncfusion Team March 20, 2019 03:51 AM UTC

Hi Elisa,

Thanks for your patience.

We are able to reproduce the reported issue from our side. We have already fixed the reported issue and the fix will be available in the upcoming Volume 1 SP1 release.

Regards,
Eswaran T

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon