We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Redraw Ribbon on runtime

Greetings!

Our project has a custom localization which is working with syncfusion components, but causes visual bug. (Screens attached).
Is there a method, whcih can be used to redraw ribbon tabs to avoid this bug? It looks like Caption of tab has a fixed to first loaded language width. In my case it is German.

I tryed to do UpdateLayout() of a Ribbon, but it did not do anything.

5 Replies

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team February 26, 2019 11:32 AM UTC

Hi Aleksander, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion product. 

We have checked your scenario by modifying the caption of the RibbonTab at run time but we were not able to reproduce the scenarion in our side. As you mentioned that you are custom localization, can you please share whether you are changing the value in Resx file at the runtime ? If so, can you share the way of localizing the caption of RibbonTab at run time? Based on your update, we will update you further on this. 

Regards, 
Jagadeesan 

AZ Aleksander Zotov replied to Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu February 26, 2019 02:03 PM UTC

We have checked your scenario by modifying the caption of the RibbonTab at run time but we were not able to reproduce the scenarion in our side.

I ran your solution and I see this bug in it. I just multiple times made language switch. In addition if I maximize/minimize window - bug dissapears. Like Ribbon is redrawn.

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team February 27, 2019 09:01 AM UTC

Hi Aleksander, 

Thanks for your update. 

Based on your update, we have checked our sample after switching langugaes mutiple times but we are still unable to reproduce the scenario in 16.4.0.42 and 16.4.0.52 version. We have prepared video for your reference and it can be downloaded from below location. 

Can you please share the ES version and machine details which you are currently using? That will helps us to analyze and provide the solution at earliest. 

Regards, 
Jagadeesan 

AZ Aleksander Zotov February 27, 2019 03:04 PM UTC

Hi Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu!

I updated all NuGet to latest version and this bug is not anymore relevant.

Thank you for support!

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team February 28, 2019 04:49 AM UTC

Hi Aleksander, 

Thanks for the update. 

We are glad to know that the reported problem has been resolved at your end. Please let us know if you have any further queries on this. We are happy to help you. 

Regards, 
Jagadeesan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon