We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

AddTab Adds but messes up ribbon

Hi, 

I am simply trying to add a new tab programmticaly.  

I simply do this:

this.ribbon.widget.addTab("Test", [], 2);

It show the tab fine.  However, if i try to click it, it renders it as a hyperlink and not as a tab.  I noticed that the rendering doesn't attach the role attribute:
The middle on is the new tab (highlighted).

Worse off, my other tabs don't work.  By this i mean, when i select one of my other tabs, and the ribbon content disappears.   In the following picture, i chose the "Menu" item.  

How can i simply add a tab to the ribbon control?

Thanks

4 Replies

SI Silambarasan I Syncfusion Team February 21, 2019 09:18 AM UTC

Hi Sumair, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have checked your reported issue by adding new tab without tab group items and the sample's working fine in our end without any issues. For your reference, please refer the below hosted sample. 

Hosted sample: 

Local sample: 

By default, the tab content is rendered as URL which is used for redirect to its appropriate tab group content. Could you please check the above sample and get back to us with more information such as ribbon rendering code snippets, details about the content in each tab?  

If possible, please replicate your issue in the provided sample and revert us. So, that we can analyze based on your scenario and provide you a solution at the earliest. The information provided would be great help for us to proceed further. 

Regards, 
Silambarasan 

SA Sumair Ahmed February 21, 2019 12:18 PM UTC

I cannot get it to work.

I have attached a sample.  Just click on save button to add a new tab.

Can you have a look and see what i am doing wrong please.  I've tried it in many places and it's not working.

Attachment: src_6b284d5b.zip

SA Sumair Ahmed February 22, 2019 09:50 AM UTC

Any joy? it's a bit weird why the behavior is not correct?

CI Christopher Issac Sunder K Syncfusion Team February 22, 2019 12:04 PM UTC

Hi Sumair, 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

We were able to reproduce your reported issue. It is occurring due to the usage of “showQAT“ property in the ribbon component. We have logged it as a bug from our side and the fix for this issue will be included in our 2019 Volume 1 SP1 release which is expected to be rolled out in the month of April, 2019. We appreciate your patience until then. 

For now, you can remove the “showQAT“ property from the ribbon sample to resolve this issue. 
We have modified your provided sample based on this. Please check it. 

Sample: 

Let us know if you have any concerns. 

Thanks, 
Christo 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon