We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Changing connection from SQL Server to Oracle

Hi,

There is a way to change the connection string of the dashboards from SQL Server to Oracle?

Our application can be used with SQL Server or Oracle and we are looking for a solution which we do not need to create duplicate dashboards (one for SQL Server and other for Oracle).

Besides that, Oracle connection on Dashboard Designer never worked well. I use the dashboard designer since version 2.2.

Thanks,

Cristian

1 Reply

RN Renuka N Syncfusion Team February 19, 2019 06:37 AM UTC

Hi Cristian, 

Please find below response for your queries, 

Query 
Response 
There is a way to change the connection string of the dashboards from SQL Server to Oracle? 

Our application can be used with SQL Server or Oracle and we are looking for a solution which we do not need to create duplicate dashboards (one for SQL Server and other for Oracle). 

You can change your dashboards from one connection (SQL) to other connection (Oracle) without duplication using “Edit Connection” option in Dashboard Designer. Please refer below documentation link for Edit connection, https://help.syncfusion.com/dashboard-platform/dashboard-designer/connecting-to-data/editing-a-data-connection 

Note: 
While reconnecting, the designed table schema name must be same with reconnected table name  otherwise it will reset all your dashboard settings.  

Besides that, Oracle connection on Dashboard Designer never worked well. I use the dashboard designer since version 2.2.. 

Also, I have the following error when I'm trying to made the relation of two tables on dashboard designer using Oracle 

“There is not enough quota to process this command” exception occurs only when the memory problem arises. So we suggest you to close some applications and ty to increase your virtual memory. Please refer below links, 

Please let us know, if you have any queries. 

Regards, 
Renuka N. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon