We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ReportDesigner getting "'The assembly with display name 'Syncfusion.ReportDesigner.WPF.XmlSerializers' failed to load in the 'LoadFrom' bindin"

Directly on app start im getting series of 

"Managed Debugging Assistant 'BindingFailure' : 'The assembly with display name 'Syncfusion.ReportDesigner.WPF.XmlSerializers' failed to load in the 'LoadFrom' binding context of the AppDomain with ID 1. The cause of the failure was: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Syncfusion.ReportDesigner.WPF.XmlSerializers, Version=16.4460.0.53, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.'"

Tried with clean new app, all the same.
Package contents :
"Syncfusion.Chart.WPF.Classic" version="16.2.0.46" targetFramework="net45" />
"Syncfusion.Compression.Base" version="16.2.0.46" targetFramework="net45" />
"Syncfusion.DocIO.Base" version="16.2.0.46" targetFramework="net45" />
"Syncfusion.Edit.WPF" version="16.2.0.46" targetFramework="net45" />
"Syncfusion.Gauge.WPF" version="16.3.0.21" targetFramework="net45" />
"Syncfusion.Grid.WPF" version="16.2.0.46" targetFramework="net45" />
"Syncfusion.GridCommon.WPF" version="16.2.0.46" targetFramework="net45" />
"Syncfusion.Licensing" version="16.3.0.21" targetFramework="net45" />
"Syncfusion.Linq.Base" version="16.2.0.46" targetFramework="net45" />
"Syncfusion.Pdf.Base" version="16.2.0.46" targetFramework="net45" />
"Syncfusion.PropertyGrid.WPF" version="16.2.0.46" targetFramework="net45" />
"Syncfusion.ReportControls.WPF" version="16.2.0.46" targetFramework="net45" />
"Syncfusion.ReportDesigner.WPF" version="16.2.0.46" targetFramework="net45" />
"Syncfusion.ReportViewer.WPF" version="16.2.0.46" targetFramework="net45" />
"Syncfusion.ReportWriter.Base" version="16.2.0.46" targetFramework="net45" />
"Syncfusion.RichTextBoxAdv.WPF.Classic" version="16.2.0.46" targetFramework="net45" />
"Syncfusion.SfMaps.WPF" version="16.2.0.46" targetFramework="net45" />
"Syncfusion.Shared.WPF" version="16.3.0.21" targetFramework="net45" />
"Syncfusion.Tools.WPF" version="16.2.0.46" targetFramework="net45" />
"Syncfusion.XlsIO.Base" version="16.2.0.46" targetFramework="net45" />

Then on any operation ( like preview ) am getting "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" exception.
Same with previous versions. Visual Studio 2017 with latest updates, Win10.

14 Replies

IA Ian February 18, 2019 08:40 AM UTC

Any ideas?

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team February 18, 2019 09:12 AM UTC

Hi Ian, 

We were able to reproduce the reported problem only in VS 2017. As it is reproduced specifically in VS 2017, we have analyzed based on this and observed that it is related to VS 2017 debugger. Please refer the MSDN link below  

Therefore, we suggest you to disable the “Enable UI Debugging Tools for Xaml” in the options of Debug tab in order to resolve the reported exception.  

In visual studio 2017 : Go to Tools -> Options -> Debugging -> General -> Uncheck : Enable UI Debugging Tools for XAML  

Regards,  
Mageshyadav.M 

IA Ian February 18, 2019 09:52 AM UTC

Done. But im still getting: 'The assembly with display name 'Syncfusion.ReportDesigner.WPF.XmlSerializers' failed to load in the 'LoadFrom' binding context of the AppDomain with ID 1. The cause of the failure was: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Syncfusion.ReportDesigner.WPF.XmlSerializers, Version=16.4460.0.53, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.'"
Designer still not working :`(

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team February 18, 2019 12:18 PM UTC

Hi Ian, 

We have prepared WPF report designer standalone sample with version (16.4.0.53) and it’s working fine at our end. It can be downloaded from the below location, 

Can you please confirm us whether the shared sample working at your end ?. We suspect that mentioned issue occurred due to version mismatch in your package.config file. Still if you are facing the same issue in your application, can you share your sample to us. It will be helpful for us to determine the issue cause or provide solution at earliest. 

Regards, 
Mageshyadav.M 

IA Ian February 18, 2019 05:22 PM UTC

Your sample working fine. Once. Now im getting "Object reference not set.." error window if trying go to preview. Well, this one was before too.
Re-checked my packages.config ... seems its fine. Cleared nuget cache, packages folder, restored all packages ... and same exception occurred o_o as well as tons of others. Seems something is terribly wrong with nuget, ill try to build my project on another similar system first.

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team February 19, 2019 05:20 AM UTC

Hi Ian, 

We were able to reproduce the mention problem at our end when Enable UI Debugging Tools for Xaml is enabled in Visual Studio 2017 only. In previous update on February 18, 2019, we have shared the steps to resolve the mention problem. Please find the video file which shows how we replicated the issue and resolved the issue by disabling UI Debugging option at our end. 

Please confirm us whether you were able to reproduce the issue after doing the above resolution shown in video also. So that we can assist further based on that. 

Regards, 
Mageshyadav.M 

IA Ian February 19, 2019 03:41 PM UTC

Part of my problem was because wrong dependencies was defined in app.config, fixed.
I've disabled UI Debugging tools, that fixed "Object reference.." exception, but still FileNotFoundException occurs.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Syncfusion.ReportDesigner.WPF.XmlSerializers, Version=16.4460.0.52, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.'

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team February 20, 2019 06:38 AM UTC

Hi lan,  

We were unable to reproduce the mentioned issue at our end. Hence we would like to setup a web meeting to look on your side and provide solution. We have created a new incident under your account to follow up meeting. Please log on to our support website to check for meeting updates.   

Regards,  
Mageshyadav.M 

IA Ian February 20, 2019 04:06 PM UTC

Thanks, ill re-check everything one more time before this and reply here.

Also, for anyone who may encounter same problem with run-time dependencies - mine problem was in app.config where was keys :
    <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
      <dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="Syncfusion.SfSkinManager.WPF" publicKeyToken="3d67ed1f87d44c89" culture="neutral" />
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-16.4460.0.46" newVersion="16.4460.0.46" />
      </dependentAssembly>
.. and so on.

I dont know where from VS got all this versions ( i've also got versions like ...4460.0.54 o_O, as far as i know latest is 0.53 :)) Anyway, removing all dependencies from app.config, restarting VS, rebuilding, rebuilding...rebuilding ... and finally it works :)

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team February 21, 2019 05:09 AM UTC

Hi Ian, 

We generally release weekly nugets hence you would have seen version 16.4460.0.54 version which was released 2 days back. We are glad to hear that the problem has been resolved on your side. Please let us know in case of further assistance needed from us. 

Regards, 
Mageshyadav.M 

WT Walter Tapia March 13, 2020 07:37 PM UTC

Hello,

I stumbled upon this issue while using the WPF Property Grid component in VS 2019 Pro v16.4. I've tried modifying the app.config file and disabling UI Debugging Tools for Xaml whiteout any success. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Syncfusion.Tools.Wpf
v4.0.30319

Walter

UN Unknown Syncfusion Team March 18, 2020 11:21 AM UTC

Hi Walter, 

Thanks for your update. 

We have tried to reproduce the reported query “Issue occurs when using WPF Property Grid component in VS 2019 Pro v16.4” but we are unable to reproduce the reported issue. Please refer the below video for same. Can you please check and let us know the Windows version, Syncfusion version and Project Type (.NET Core or .NET Framework). And also provide complete details of the error to reproduce the issue on our side.  

Regards, 
Niranjan Kumar 

WT Walter Tapia March 18, 2020 10:53 PM UTC

Niranjan,

Thanks, I was able to resolve this issue. It was cause due to the way my VS Solution is designed. It was cause due to my solution couldn't find the DLLs. I was able to resolve creating a macro in VS to copy the DLLs to the right folder. The permanent solution might require some redesign on my end to not depend on the macro.

Thanks,
Walter

UN Unknown Syncfusion Team March 19, 2020 03:54 AM UTC

Hi Walter, 

Thanks for your update. 

We are glad to know that your query has been resolved. Please let us know if you require further assistance. 

Regards, 
Niranjan Kumar 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon