We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Adding a option to toolbar and showing dropdown or toggle right panel

Hi, I came across this tool and was testing with the trial version. I happen to have the requirement to add a new custom option in the tool bar with custom dropdown. currently I'm using jQuery to add an option but I would prefer to have a better solution provided by you guys. Also, to add action such as adding a dropdown, or toggling right panel.

Q. I need to add a option to toolbar where it has dropdown of the list of items. The better UX would be to toggle the right panel and show the list there. So user can drag and drop the list into the document. 

I'm looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks.
Regards,
Kijan.

1 Reply

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team February 18, 2019 06:55 AM UTC

Hi Kijan,  

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.  

Regarding “add an option to toolbar”  

We don’t have support for adding a custom element in the built-in toolbar. But you can hide built-in toolbar and integrated your custom toolbar in document editor by using public API exposed in DocumentEditor.  

Regarding “toggle the right panel  

We can toggle the right-side panel by using “showPropertiesPane” properties of DocumentEditorContainer component.  

Sample code:  
//To show right-side pane   
this.container.showPropertiesPane = true;  
//To hide right-side pane  
this.container.showPropertiesPane = false;  

For your convenience, we have prepared a demo sample by adding a custom toolbar with dropdown list items and custom right-side pane where the user can drag and drop the content to document editor.  

Regards, 
Ramya T 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon