We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

sfTabView is broken

In have today tried to update to sfTabView version 16.4.0.52 from version 16.4.0.44 and in my testing this latest version is fundamentally broken.

When using this release with version 3.4 of Xamarin Forms on Android I find that tab selection is completely broken. When I navigate to the second tab in a TabView, the content of the first tab is displayed again. When I navigate back to the first tab there is no content shown at all and no tab shows as selected. I have tab selection set via a bindable property and managed via a View Model.

As a separate note, when I upgraded to Xamarin Forms 3.5 and tested on iOS the sfTabView does not work at all. Navigation to the view containing the tab view just fails completely. Navigation works when the TabView has no items in its TabItemCollection.

I would say this release is fundamentally flawed.

When I revert all packages to version 16.4.0.44 with Xamarin.Forms 3.4 the application works as it did previously.

2 Replies

CH Chris February 7, 2019 08:25 PM UTC

Confirmation that version 16.4.0.44 of sfTabView on Android with version 3.5 of Xamarin Forms is also a disaster. Navigating to the view which contains the sfTabView just results in a NullReferenceException. If the TabItemCollection is empty it looks like navigation will work.

DR Dhanasekar R Syncfusion Team February 8, 2019 01:14 PM UTC

Hi Chris, 

We have already fixed this issue and this will be included in our upcoming weekly NuGet which will be rolled out on 12th February 2019. 

Regards, 
Dhanasekar 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon