We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Chart on hover

Hi,

I am using the crosshair property for the chart. I was wondering if there is a way to be able to hover over one point of a series and turn it into that circle rather than affecting both points. Additionally, the chart cuts off on the ends of the lines. Is there a way so that the circle is not cut off?

Thanks,

Daniel

5 Replies

KC Kalaimathi Chellaiah Syncfusion Team February 8, 2019 01:01 PM UTC

Hi Daniel , 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

Query 1: if there is a way to be able to hover over one point of a series and turn it into that circle rather than affecting both points? 
We have analyzed your query. We can achieve this requirement by setting enableTrackTooltip  property value as false in corresponding series based on your requirement. Please find below code snippet, 
Code Snippet: 
series:  
[{ 
//To off the tooltip for particular series 
enableTrackTooltip: false, 
//some code here 

}]            

Screenshot: 

Query 2: Is there a way so that the circle is not cut off? 
We have analyzed your query. Currently we don’t have a support in EJ1 to overcome circle cut off in the end points in default. We suggest that you using rangePadding  property in axis we can applied padding to minimum and maximum extremes of the axis range. Using this property we can resolve circle cut off. Please find below sample and code snippet, 
Code Snippet: 
              primaryXAxis: 
            { 
            //To add the padding in axis 
              rangePadding:'Additional' 

},               

Screenshot: 

Hope this helps.  

Regards, 
Kalai. 

DX Daniel Xu February 8, 2019 02:45 PM UTC

Hi Kalai,

Thank you for your response. The additional padding solution works. Regarding my first question, I would like both series to have the tooltip enabled with the circle, but only when hovering over an individual point. Currently hovering over a September point for any series displays the circle and tooltip for both. How can I make it so that for both series, hovering over a point on a series shows the circle and tooltip for that series only?

Thank you,

Daniel

KC Kalaimathi Chellaiah Syncfusion Team February 11, 2019 06:41 AM UTC

Hi Daniel, 

Thanks for the update.  

Since we are not clear with your exact requirement, we suspect that your requirement is to display tooltip only when hovering over a point on a series. Please check that attached sample and screenshot. If this is not your exact requirement, kindly provide us some more information on this. Thus, we could provide you appropriate solution.  

Screenshot: 

Regards, 
Kalai. 

DX Daniel Xu February 11, 2019 02:18 PM UTC

Hi Kalai,

This is very similar to what I am trying to do, the tooltip only shows when you hover over a point. In your sample, the animation on hover is from the dot to a circle with white inside. Is it possible to have the graph with no markers (like in my first screenshot), but when you hover over a point it animates and shows the circle with white inside? The only change that I would like in your sample is to not show the marker when the point is not being hovered over.

Thanks,

Daniel

DD Dharanidharan Dharmasivam Syncfusion Team February 12, 2019 10:21 AM UTC

Hi Daniel, 

We have analyzed the requested requirement. Currently we do not have support to achieve your requirement for Displaying trackball along with tooltip, when the marker is disabled, but we have logged a feature request on this. We are closing this incident now and it can be tracked through our feedback portal below.  

Please cast your vote to make it count. We will prioritize the features every release based on the demands.  

If you have any more specification/suggestions to the feature request, you can add it as a comment in the portal.  
Regards, 
Dharani. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon