We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SFDataGrid error new release

hi all,
i just update to last version and now i have this error:
parent class vtable failed to initialize due to : vtable setup of type syncfuson.sfdatagrid.xforms.extscrollviewer failed assemply
thanks

Attachment: error_e3fde4f5.rar

4 Replies

FA Fabrizio Alessandro February 6, 2019 11:36 PM UTC

Same error here, just created a new Xamarin Forms app, added Syncfusion.Xamarin.SfDataGrid (16.4.0.52) to all projects from Nuget,
calling SfDataGrid from XAML or code:
SfDataGrid d = new SfDataGrid();

On Android got this error:
Unhandled Exception:
System.TypeLoadException: Parent class vtable failed to initialize, due to: VTable setup of type Syncfusion.SfDataGrid.XForms.ExtScrollViewer failed assembly:/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.companyname.app/files/.__override__/Syncfusion.SfDataGrid.XForms.dll type:ExtScrollViewer member:(null)

Thank you,
Fabrizio

LU Luca February 6, 2019 11:48 PM UTC

I’m a bit scared... often happens that we have bugs for new release... are you testing in any way your product? I know that you do but guys here we are just adding reference without doing any special.. so how can be possible that you didn’t find this issue?
Anyway thanks for your great product.

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team February 7, 2019 02:20 PM UTC

Hi Alberto / Fabrizio, 

We regret for the inconvenience caused. 

We have checked and we can able to replicate the reported crashing issue with DataGrid in Xamarin.Forms. The issue occurs only when the project Xamarin.Forms update version above 3.5 and it is not occurring the previous updates. We have already considered and working on the support of .Net standard support for the update 3.1 in our upcoming Volume 1 release. Which is not a breaking issue and its only occurring in the latest Xamarin.Forms update version alone not depends with our latest Syncfusion release update. 

We have considered this issue and logged issue report for the same. We will fix this issue with high priority and include the issue fix in our upcoming weekly NuGet release update and it will be available by February 19, 2019. We appreciate your patience and please use the earlier Xamarin.Forms updates until then.  

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V  

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team February 19, 2019 09:10 AM UTC

Hi Alberto / Fabrizio,  

We are glad to announce that our latest weekly NuGet package update version 16.4.0.53 has been rolled out with the issue fix of “DataGrid crashing in Xamarin.Forms update 3.5” and is available for download (nuget.org). 

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this update. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V   

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon