We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ClearAllAnnotations() function

I have a custom toolbar with a Clear All Annotations button. I want to enable this button only if there are annotations in the pdf. Currently, when the button is pressed, I have a click handler that calls pdfViewerControl.ClearAllAnnotations() but it does not clear any highlights and freezes the application. Is there something else I should be doing as well?

3 Replies

KK Karthik Krishnaraj Syncfusion Team February 8, 2019 09:01 AM UTC

Hi Kristen, 

Greetings from Syncfusion, 

We are facing exception while calling ClearAllAnnotation() API on button click event in Xamarin.Forms.iOS. Whereas in Android it works properly and in Xamarin.Forms.UWP annotations haven’t cleared properly. Can you please confirm whether you are facing the same issues in your side? So that we will update the patch for the same. 

Regards, 
Karthik. 

ZC Zach Carls February 13, 2019 09:16 PM UTC

It looks like it's just taking a really long time in iOS to work. It's much quicker in Android.

KK Karthik Krishnaraj Syncfusion Team February 14, 2019 05:43 PM UTC

Hi Kristen, 

Thank you for your update, 

We will fix the reported issue on “Clearing all the annotations in the document” in Xamarin.Forms. iOS and the fix will be included in our Essential Studio Volume 1 release which will be rolled out in the month of March 2019. 

Regards, 
Karthik. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon