We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

datasource for each Column in a grid

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

14233 May 21,2004 01:29 PM May 24,2004 01:07 PM Windows Forms 4
Tags: GridControl
Vivek
Asked On May 21, 2004 01:29 PM

Hi, I am in processes of evaluating Essential grid. I would really appreciate if some one could reply for the following question. Would it be possible by using GridDataBoundGrid class (or some other grid class) to bound a Column of the grid to a datasource (such as ArrayList, DataTable and DataView)? This way, if we have 10 columns in a grid them there would be 10 different datasource for each of the column. This is the possible way, I am thinking of making reloading from database faster. This way it I don’t have to reload whole grid only 1/10th of data would be retrieved from the database. Thnaks

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On May 21, 2004 03:13 PM

You can so such a thing using a GridControl in virtual mode. In virtual mode, you handle an event, QueryCellInfo, and provide the data on demand. So, in your handler, you would check e.ColIndex and e.RowIndex, and then set e.Style.CellValue according to the values of e.RowIndex and e.ColIndex. You would be free to get the value from any source at this point. Our User Guide has a section on virtual grids, and we ship a tutorial and several virtual grid samples in our samples. None do exactly what you asked about, but it is possible to do what you described.

Replied On May 22, 2004 04:13 PM

Thanks clay, Would it possible for you to provide a sample for this or modify one the existing sample to do same? I would really appreciate this. Thanks >You can so such a thing using a GridControl in virtual mode. > >In virtual mode, you handle an event, QueryCellInfo, and provide the data on demand. So, in your handler, you would check e.ColIndex and e.RowIndex, and then set e.Style.CellValue according to the values of e.RowIndex and e.ColIndex. You would be free to get the value from any source at this point. > >Our User Guide has a section on virtual grids, and we ship a tutorial and several virtual grid samples in our samples. None do exactly what you asked about, but it is possible to do what you described.

Replied On May 22, 2004 06:06 PM

Here is a sample with a GridControl having 4 columns, each from a different DataTable. ForumSample_9972.zip

Vivek
Replied On May 24, 2004 01:07 PM

Thanks Clay! We are this close to buy grid. >Here is a sample with a GridControl having 4 columns, each from a different DataTable. > >ForumSample_9972.zip > >

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;