We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

datasource for each Column in a grid

Hi, I am in processes of evaluating Essential grid. I would really appreciate if some one could reply for the following question. Would it be possible by using GridDataBoundGrid class (or some other grid class) to bound a Column of the grid to a datasource (such as ArrayList, DataTable and DataView)? This way, if we have 10 columns in a grid them there would be 10 different datasource for each of the column. This is the possible way, I am thinking of making reloading from database faster. This way it I don’t have to reload whole grid only 1/10th of data would be retrieved from the database. Thnaks

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 21, 2004 07:13 PM UTC

You can so such a thing using a GridControl in virtual mode. In virtual mode, you handle an event, QueryCellInfo, and provide the data on demand. So, in your handler, you would check e.ColIndex and e.RowIndex, and then set e.Style.CellValue according to the values of e.RowIndex and e.ColIndex. You would be free to get the value from any source at this point. Our User Guide has a section on virtual grids, and we ship a tutorial and several virtual grid samples in our samples. None do exactly what you asked about, but it is possible to do what you described.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 22, 2004 08:13 PM UTC

Thanks clay, Would it possible for you to provide a sample for this or modify one the existing sample to do same? I would really appreciate this. Thanks >You can so such a thing using a GridControl in virtual mode. > >In virtual mode, you handle an event, QueryCellInfo, and provide the data on demand. So, in your handler, you would check e.ColIndex and e.RowIndex, and then set e.Style.CellValue according to the values of e.RowIndex and e.ColIndex. You would be free to get the value from any source at this point. > >Our User Guide has a section on virtual grids, and we ship a tutorial and several virtual grid samples in our samples. None do exactly what you asked about, but it is possible to do what you described.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 22, 2004 10:06 PM UTC

Here is a sample with a GridControl having 4 columns, each from a different DataTable. ForumSample_9972.zip

VI Vivek May 24, 2004 05:07 PM UTC

Thanks Clay! We are this close to buy grid. >Here is a sample with a GridControl having 4 columns, each from a different DataTable. > >ForumSample_9972.zip > >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon