We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

MVVM (Prism) support for SfPullToRefresh?

Hi there, I am wondering if the SfPullToRefresh control has MVVM support for event handling?  The app that I am testing the control with uses Prism as its MVVM framework, and I tried to wire up the Pulling, Refreshing, Refreshed events to a bound event handler from the ViewModel, but I am getting XAML compile errors.  If I wire up these events via code-behind, they seem to work OK.

I cannot really call events in code-behind as the app is completely MVVM, it just wouldn't be proper.  Is there any support for MVVM with this control?

2 Replies

JN Jayaleshwari N Syncfusion Team January 28, 2019 12:16 PM UTC

Hi Sharbel, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

We have analyzed your query, since we don’t have “MVVM support for SfPullToRefresh Eevents .” in Xamarin.Forms. We have considered and logged feature report for the same. Thank you for requesting this feature and helping us define it. We are always trying to make our products better and feature requests like yours are a key part of our product growth efforts. We have added this feature request to our database. At the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features and identify features for implementation based on specific parameters including product vision, technological feasibility, and customer interest. We will let you know when this feature is implemented.   

You can also communicate with us regarding the open features any time using our Feature Report page.   

We have considered to include this support in our next release 2019 Volume 1 main release which is expected to be rolled out by the middle of the month March, 2019. 

Regards,
Jayaleshwari N

DY Deivaselvan Y Syncfusion Team March 29, 2019 11:59 AM UTC

Hi Sharbel, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

We have prepared sample for your requirement “MVVM support for SfPullToRefresh Eevents”. We have not provided this support in source because it is UI related event. We have attached sample for your requirement in the following link. 

Regards, 
Deivaselvan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon