We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Filtering subtasks with ej.Query

Hi,

I want to filter my data by some properties, so I use ejQuery's where clause to do it. Like this:

me.query = new ej.Query().where(new ej.Predicate("prod_order_reference", ej.FilterOperators.contains, $('#filterHighlightTextOp').val(), true)
.or("item_reference", ej.FilterOperators.contains, $('#filterHighlightTextOp').val(), true)
.or("item_name", ej.FilterOperators.contains, $('#filterHighlightTextOp').val(), true)
.or("customer", ej.FilterOperators.contains, $('#filterHighlightTextOp').val(), true)
.or("sale_order", ej.FilterOperators.contains, $('#filterHighlightTextOp').val(), true));

Doing it this way it only filters the first level of the data structure, but it doesn't filter the subtasks of a task. 
For example, in the ej.Predicate, it first check the if "prod_order_reference" property contains a value. I want to check this in the parent task and in every child subtask, but it does only in the parent one.

How could I do this?

Thanks.

1 Reply

JD Jayakumar Duraisamy Syncfusion Team January 23, 2019 11:45 AM UTC

Hi Oscar, 
We have analyzed the reported query.  The reported issue may due to applying “ej.Query()” on a hierarchical data. To filter all the required records, we recommend self-reference data source. And using “filterSettings” property we can filter required columns on load time. 
Please find the code example below: 
[ts] 
this.filterSettings = { 
                       filteredColumns: [{ 
                           value: "5", 
                           field: "TaskName", 
                           operator: "contains", 
                            predicate: "or" 
                       }, 
                      { 
                        value: "1", 
                        field: "TaskName", 
                        operator: "contains", 
                        predicate: "or" 
                    }] 
                   } 

[html] 
<ej-gantt id="GanttControl"  
       //.. 
[filterSettings]="filterSettings"> 
</ej-gantt> 

We have also prepared the sample based on this. Please find the sample from below location 

Please let us know if you need further reference on this. 
Regards, 
Jayakumar D 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon