We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridExcelFilter wired to a GridGroupingControl shows empty records when many columns are filtered

I have a form with a GridGroupingControl and a GridExcelFilter wired to it. Some columns cell in the grid types is a ComboBox and the columns are filtered by DisplayText . When two ComboBox columns are filtered, it returns no items.

For example,  I have created a simple example of  a table with two columns  (which is attached): gender and country. The following column is filtered by gender:

When I try to filter it with country in addition gender (Gender is Male and Country is USA), I expect two items in the results but I get none.

What can I do to make the filtering work with combined columns

I have attached the sample application, and the code is here  too: https://pastebin.com/G7772Z8P

4 Replies

AA Arulraj A Syncfusion Team January 21, 2019 11:15 AM UTC

Thanks for using Syncfusion product. 

We are able to reproduce the reported problem from version 16.1.0.32 until now, it works fine in 16.1.0.24. We suspect that this is a bug so we have forwarded this query to our development team for further analysis. We will check and update the details by tomorrow on 22 January 2019. 

We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Arulraj A 

MG Mohanraj Gunasekaran Syncfusion Team January 23, 2019 04:00 AM UTC

Hi Boubaker, 

Thanks for your patience. 

We have confirmed this is a bug so we have logged the bug report for this issue “Filter misbehaving when use the combobox with displaymember and valuemember”. We have planned to fix this issue for our next release. So, it will be available on our next upcoming release 2018 Volume4-SP1. 

Regards, 
Mohanraj G 

BG Boubaker Gharbi January 23, 2019 08:23 PM UTC

Thank you for the update and information. It's truly appreciated.

I have two questions:
1. Do you have an idea about the approximate release of Volume 4 SP1?
2. You have mentioned that it worked fine in 16.1.0.24. If I use the older version, would it work then?

Thanks

AA Arulraj A Syncfusion Team January 24, 2019 05:12 AM UTC

Hi Boubaker, 

Thanks for the update. 

1. Do you have an idea about the approximate release of Volume 4 SP1? 
2018 Volume 4 SP1 has been planned to release in the first week of February 2019. 
2. You have mentioned that it worked fine in 16.1.0.24. If I use the older version, would it work then? 
Yes, v16.1.0.24 does not have this issue. So you can use it to avoid the issue. 

Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this. 

Arulraj A 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon