We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Can I use nuget from withing VS 2017 or should I use the download links from the account section of the website?

Hello,
I hope this is the right place to ask such a question. I have a UWP app that I am currently porting to Xamarin.Forms to publish it for UWP, Android and iOS. I know C# and XAML, but this is the first time I develop for Android or iOS.
I have often stumbled across Syncfusion controls when searching for Xamarin.Forms controls to recreate my UWP app for which I used many controls from the UWP community toolkit. Many interesting and seemingly very polished controls seem to be available with Syncfusion, but not natively with Xamarin.Forms. Only recently have I learned about the community license and I am very grateful about this opportunity. However, I am unsure about a few points:
1. Does Syncfusion for Xamarin.Forms support every platform that Xamarin.Forms supports (e.g. also WP8, Tizen and macOS)? Basically, are the controls build uing Xamarin.Forms or native controls of each OS?
2. I am specifically looking for a Master/Detail control that will allow me to show the master and detail views side by side on a big screen (e.g. PC, iPad) but as separate pages on a smaller phone screen. I used such a control for my UWP app (MasterDetailsView from the toolkit) and have not yet been able to recreate this in Xamarin.Forms. Is something like this available with Syncfusion? (My app has 3 columns, comparable to an email app: first column would be folders, reachable via a Hamburger menu, second column would be the list of emails and the third column would be the email content. Second and third column can be displayed side by side or as individual pages, depending on screen size)
3. What is the recommended way to install the controls?
Thank you very much.
Lee!

1 Reply

MP Michael Prabhu M Syncfusion Team January 9, 2019 12:20 PM UTC

Hi Meobeo, 

Greetings from Syncfusion, please find the response below for your queries.  

Query 1: Does Syncfusion for Xamarin.Forms support every platform that Xamarin.Forms supports (e.g. also WP8, Tizen and macOS)? Basically, are the controls build using Xamarin.Forms or native controls of each OS? 

Our Xamarin.Forms support Android, iOS and UWP. Additionally we support 3 major controls like Grid, Chart and Listview in Xamarin.Forms.Mac as well. 

Query 2: "Regarding Master/Detail page view based on device screen size". 

We have validated your requirement, and this can be achieved by using our SfNavigationDrawer. It has DrawerContent and ContentView. So, we can place two views inside Navigation Drawer (Master and details)  

For Mobile: As per your request, we have navigated to a new page to show the mail contents. 

For Tablet 

We have created sample for the same and you can download this from below location. 

Sample link: NavigationDrawerSample 

Can you try our above sample and let us know if it doesn’t meet your requirement? 

Query 3: What is the recommended way to install the controls? 

The best way to install our Xamarin controls are as NuGets from the NuGet.org as we have a weekly NuGet release which will help you to get the latest fixes every week without waiting for the main release.  

Regards, 
Michael  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon