We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grid vertical scrolling

Hello,

I have an issue with vertical scrolling in my grids.

When i set allow-resize-to-fit to true, i get 2 scrolling bar, one on top of the other. None of them work as intended : i want to scroll the rows and the headers at the same time.

My grid :

<div style="width:80%">
                          <ej-grid id="grid2"
                                   allow-selection="true"
                                   selectiontype="Single"
                                   record-double-click="onRecordDoubleClick2"
                                   row-selected="rowSelected"
                                   allow-paging="false"
                                   height="@Model.GridHeight"
                                   columns="@Model.ListColumn"
                                   allow-scrolling="true"
                                   allow-resize-to-fit="true">

<e-datamanager json="@Model.List_alertes" />

</ej-grid>
                      </div>

Thanks

Attachment: GridScrolling_3727c393.rar

5 Replies

VN Vignesh Natarajan Syncfusion Team January 8, 2019 09:19 AM UTC

Hi Erik, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion products. 

Query: “When i set allow-resize-to-fit to true, i get 2 scrolling bar, one on top of the other” 

From your query, we understand that you are facing issue with Grid scroller. We have prepared a sample using your code example and we are not able to reproduce the reported issue at our end. Refer the below link for the sample  

The reported issue may occur when the referred dll’s, scripts file and css files are not of same version. So kindly ensure that you have referred the same version of dll, script and css files. 

After referring the above scenario and sample, if you still face the issue kindly share the following details 

1.  Share the full grid rendering code (cshtml and controller)
  2. Share the details regarding your dataSource (ie) have you used any type of adaptor?.
  3. Share the screenshot of script in console window
  4. Also share the screenshot Grid UI.
  5. If possible try to reproduce the reported issue in provided sample.
  6. Share your essential studio version (XX.X.X.XX).

Regards,
Vignesh Natarajan.

ER Erik January 8, 2019 01:20 PM UTC

Hello Vignesh,

I know that my dll's version is 16.4.0.42

Can you tell me how to download the scripts file and css for this version ?

Also, i did try to use ejs-grid instead of ej-grid to see if this made any difference but i could not manage to make it work.

Thanks for your support.

VN Vignesh Natarajan Syncfusion Team January 9, 2019 06:48 AM UTC

Hi Erik, 

Thanks for the update. 

Query1: “Can you tell me how to download the scripts file and css for this version ?” 

You can refer / download the scripts and css file using anyone of the below suggested method. 

1. You can refer the cdn reference link in your sample. Refer the below link

1. Or if you have installed the Syncfusion ASP.NET Core build then you can find the scripts and css files from below location

Scripts location: InstalledLocation :\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\ASP.NET CORE\16.3.0.21\JavaScript\assets-src\scripts\web 
Css Location: InstalledLocation:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\ASP.NET CORE\16.3.0.21\JavaScript\assets-src\css\web  

Also refer our UG documentation for your reference if you want to load scripts from bower packages 

Query2: i did try to use ejs-grid instead of ej-grid to see if this made any difference but i could not manage to make it work.”  

ejs-grid represent the EJ2 version of our Syncfusion controls.  It is our next generation JavaScript product. Essential JS 2 is fully re-written to be modular, responsive and lightweight. 
We suggest you look into our following product page for more details. 

You have to refer different dll’s and script file. Refer our getting started page for more information. 

Demo page for ej2 Grid 

Please get back to us if you have further queries. 

Regards, 
Vignesh Natarajan 

ER Erik January 9, 2019 10:58 AM UTC

Hi Vignesh,

Deleting the reference to EJ2    <link rel="stylesheet" rel='nofollow' href="https://cdn.syncfusion.com/ej2/material.css" />    in my _Layout.cshtml fixed my grids but now my ejs-textboxes no longer display correctly.

I would like to use both version 1 and 2 of Essential JS in my project.

Can you help me with that ?

Thanks

VN Vignesh Natarajan Syncfusion Team January 10, 2019 06:15 AM UTC

Hi Erik, 

Thanks for the update. 

Query : I would like to use both version 1 and 2 of Essential JS in my project. 

From your query, we understand that you are facing issue while using both EJ1 and EJ2 in same project. To use both version 1 and 2 of Essential JS in your application you need to refer the Compatibility Css files in your application.  

Please refer the below help documentation for the details of Compatibility of EJ1 and EJ2. 

We have created a sample using both the EJ1 and EJ2 controls. Please refer the below link for the sample. 

Please get back to us if you have further queries. 

Regards, 
Vignesh Natarajan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon