We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

CaptionSummaryRow

Dear admin,

i tried out your sample "Displaying summary for row" but at the moment i'm droping a column into the droparea and the datagrid gets sorted, the summary row always displays the default view and not the personal one. If i define a summary row style, this one affects the summary row but the implemention in xaml like in the sample doesn't affect the summary row. 

Dont know whats the problem with this, hope you can help me further.

Thanks in advance.

7 Replies

JN Jayaleshwari N Syncfusion Team January 8, 2019 11:45 AM UTC

Hi Sascha, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.  

We have analyzed your query from our side. We have prepared the simple sample based on the provided information. The sample which contains the caption summary row with styles, and it is working fine with sorting when we have a caption summary row by grouping. 

We have attached the tested sample for your reference and you can download the same from the following location. 

Can you please check with the attached sample whether your facing same issue with that? If not , we would request you to share the following details which would be better to provide the appropriate solution as much earliest. 
  • What kind of problem you are facing while using the caption summary row with grouping. Kind of screen shot or video would be highly helpful. 
  • Did you face any style issue with caption summary row. 

Regards,  
Jayaleshwari N 

SB Sascha Bauer January 8, 2019 12:03 PM UTC

thats the code i'm using and i don't face any style issues. The only problem is, after grouping for example at "Ist -Kosten" or "EKW" only the default caption summary row is shown like in the image but not my declared Title with his keys in there.

Regards.

JN Jayaleshwari N Syncfusion Team January 9, 2019 09:36 AM UTC

Hi Sascha, 

Thanks for the update. 

We have checked the reported query “Declared title of CaptionSummaryRow is not rendered in view ” from our side. We have prepared the sample based on the provided information by defining the Title as like customized in provided code snippet. Unfortunately the reported issue does not reproduced at our end. CaptionSummaryRow value shown as defined in title in view. 

Code snippet XAML: Title defined for CaptionSummaryRow. 

<syncfusion:SfDataGrid.CaptionSummaryRow> 
    <syncfusion:GridSummaryRow Title=" {ColumnName} : {Key} Quarterly1: {Q1} Quarterly2 :{Q2}" ShowSummaryInRow="True"> 
        <syncfusion:GridSummaryRow.SummaryColumns> 
            <syncfusion:GridSummaryColumn Name="Q1" 
                                                Format="'{Sum:n}'" 
                                                MappingName="QS1" 
                                                SummaryType="DoubleAggregate" /> 
            <syncfusion:GridSummaryColumn Name="Q2" 
                                                MappingName="QS2" 
        </syncfusion:GridSummaryRow.SummaryColumns> 
    </syncfusion:GridSummaryRow> 
</syncfusion:SfDataGrid.CaptionSummaryRow> 

Output 

We have attached the tested sample for your reference and you can download the same from the following location. 

Can you please check with the above sample whether reported issue reproduced in that also ? if not, we would request you to modify the attached sample to reproduce the issue or can you please share details about whether do you using any localization or any other culture specified in your application. 

Regards, 
Jayaleshwari N. 

SB Sascha Bauer January 9, 2019 11:25 AM UTC

Hi Jayaleshwari N,

Thanks for your update.

Yes your right i'm using culture specific names for the column headers and also localization for my application but i can't figure out the issue why it doesn't works because in each other simple sample it seems to work.

SJ Sathiyathanam Jeyakumar Syncfusion Team January 10, 2019 01:07 PM UTC

Hi Sascha, 

Thanks for your update. 

We have checked the reported problem from our end with applying Localization for all column header, but we unable to reproduce the reported problem “CaptionSummarRow Title not displayed correctly” and the Summary Row title was displayed properly. 

<syncfusion:SfDataGrid.CaptionSummaryRow> 
            <syncfusion:GridSummaryRow Title=" {ColumnName} : {Key} Vierteljährlich : {Q1} Vierteljährlich  :{Q2}" ShowSummaryInRow="True"> 
                <syncfusion:GridSummaryRow.SummaryColumns> 
                    <syncfusion:GridSummaryColumn Name="Q1" 
                                                      MappingName="QS1" 
                    <syncfusion:GridSummaryColumn Name="Q2" 
                                                      MappingName="QS2" 
                </syncfusion:GridSummaryRow.SummaryColumns> 
            </syncfusion:GridSummaryRow> 
        </syncfusion:SfDataGrid.CaptionSummaryRow> 

Screen Shot 

Please find the testing sample from the below location. 

If the above provide solution differ from your application, then kindly share your culture specified code snippets to us. It will hep us to provide the better solution as much earliest. 

Regards, 
Sathiyathanam 

SB Sascha Bauer January 10, 2019 02:21 PM UTC

Thanks for your advise and i solved the problem with your help.

The problem was that my "gridview" gets set through deserialize and at this file wasn't this option actual so that's the reason there's always displayed the default setting.

JN Jayaleshwari N Syncfusion Team January 11, 2019 10:14 AM UTC

Hi Sascha, 

Thanks for the update. Please get in touch if you would require for further assistance. 

Regards, 
Jayaleshwari N. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon