We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

AgendaItemTemplate items are fixed height

How do i make the items flexible in height? Because it seems like its fixed height and doesnt wrap or truncate any text that i put in my datatemplate

6 Replies

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team January 7, 2019 05:51 AM UTC

Hi Winston, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

As of now, we don’t have support to customize the AgendaView row height in Schedule Xamarin Forms. We have already considered to implement this feature and logged feature report for the same. In the feature, we have considered the following cases, 

·       Support that allows user to set a static height for agenda view row, that will be applicable for all the rows in agenda view. 
·       Support that allows user to change a single row height only in agenda view, so agenda view can have uneven rows. 

We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming release and let you know once it has been rolled out. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V 

AM Amir February 5, 2019 05:21 PM UTC

Is there currently a workaround for this issue?

And if not - is it possible for us to fill the agenda items to the correct height -  i.e. what is the height that the agenda items are hard-coded to?

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team February 6, 2019 09:16 AM UTC

Hi Amir, 

Schedule Agenda view ItemTemplate will render based on its default appointment item height in the AgendaView. As default, AgendaView items will render based on its correct height. You no need handle every items height in the template, it will arrange based on its default height and no need to hardcodes the values.  

You can refer our online user guide documentation for the same by the following link, 

Winston’s requirement is about to increase the height of the agenda view items from its default height. For that only, we have considered feature for customizing the row height in the AgendaView. 

Please let us know, if you have any query on this. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V   

SM Smokeball February 6, 2019 09:46 AM UTC

Yes, basically we want contents inside the template's to autosize in height. Essentially it's like turning HasUnevenRows on. like how the listview does it

AM Amir February 6, 2019 10:18 AM UTC

Hi Subburaj,

The problem I'm having is - I am trying to customise my inline appointments as described here.

But the inline appointments are set to some fixed height that appointments seem to always have - you mentioned that the appointments render to a default height.

The answer I wanted to know if there is a way to access the height, adjust it or retrieve it?

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team February 6, 2019 10:59 AM UTC

Hi Amir / Winston, 

Thank you for the update. 

As we mentioned in our earlier update, currently we don’t have support for customizing the AgendaView items row height in Schedule. We have already considered and added this feature request to our database.  

At the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features and identify features for implementation based on specific parameters including product vision, technological feasibility, and customer interest. We will let you know when this feature is implemented.  

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V   

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon