We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Problems with uploader

Hello.
I'm facing 2 issues managing an Uploader control.

1st) My control shows no drop area.
As you can see in the image, I get no message to drop files and if I do that, the browser just loads the image.

The uploader control is shown inside a Dialog control but I don't think this should be a problem.
This is the asp code:

@{

var Modalanimation = new Syncfusion.EJ2.Popups.DialogAnimationSettings { Effect = Syncfusion.EJ2.Popups.DialogEffect.Fade };

var asyncSettings = new Syncfusion.EJ2.Inputs.UploaderAsyncSettings { SaveUrl = @Url.Content("/Activitats/UploadImage"), RemoveUrl = @Url.Content("/Activitats/RemoveImage") };

}

<ejs-uploader id="UploadFiles" success="OnSuccess" failure="OnFailure"  dropArea=".control-fluid" asyncSettings="@asyncSettings" locale="ca-ES" autoUpload="true" multiple="false">

</ejs-uploader>

2nd) Can't manage when a file already exists.
I check if file already exists in the controller and, if so (like I saw in your samples), I return a 204 status code with a custom message. But the control is returned to the OnFailure function without the real message so the user could thing that there is a server error.

This is the code:

And the js debugger:

Thanks in advance.
Toni

3 Replies

CI Christopher Issac Sunder K Syncfusion Team January 7, 2019 11:31 AM UTC

Hi Tony, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have checked your issues. Please find the details in below, 

Issue 1: My control shows no drop area. 

• We have prepared a sample as per shared screenshot to reproduce reported issue.
  • From the shared code snippet, we suspect that the issue raised due to missing drop target element (which you specified in dropArea” api) in Page.
  • If invalid target specified in drop target, the message “or drop files here” text will not be displayed properly.
  • In the prepared demo sample, we have used dialog as “dropArea” target.
  • If we didn’t specify drop target, the upload element act as default drop target.
  • Please check it in the attached demo sample.

Issue 2: Can't manage when a file already exists. 
  • We have already made this improvement to pass own error message from server to client.
  • The improvement will be available in upcoming patch release. (scheduled on 8th Jan)

Demo sample:  

Please let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Thanks, 
Christo

TO Toni January 9, 2019 11:16 AM UTC

Hello.
Drop area issue has been solved thank to your advice.

I've seen that the new version has been released. Do you know when it will be available for the nuget packages?
Thanks

PO Prince Oliver Syncfusion Team January 10, 2019 05:26 AM UTC

Hi Toni, 

Thank you for your update. 

The Nuget packages will be refreshed in next patch release scheduled to be rolled out by next week. 

Regards, 
Prince 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon