We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Images not being displayed

Hey,

I am using Prism with Xamarin Forms with all the packages up to date. I am using SfRotator, SfNavigationDrawer etc. in my project but my issue is with the SfRotator. The images in the rotator are not being displayed. I have tried using the control which was not displaying any images. I moved to FFImageLoading which works outside the SfRotator but not inside. Also, if i put a inside the , or if i use a CachedImageFastRenderer, it throws a NullReferenceException

Following are the code snippets:

MainPage.xaml
<ContentPage xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2009/xaml"
x:Class="xxxxxx.Views.MainPage"
xmlns:navDrawer="clr-namespace:Syncfusion.SfNavigationDrawer.XForms;assembly=Syncfusion.SfNavigationDrawer.XForms"
xmlns:tabView="clr-namespace:Syncfusion.XForms.TabView;assembly=Syncfusion.SfTabView.XForms"
xmlns:rotator="clr-namespace:Syncfusion.SfRotator.XForms;assembly=Syncfusion.SfRotator.XForms"
xmlns:listView="clr-namespace:Syncfusion.ListView.XForms;assembly=Syncfusion.SfListView.XForms"
xmlns:ffimage="clr-namespace:FFImageLoading.Forms;assembly=FFImageLoading.Forms"
Title="{Binding Title}">
<tabView:SfTabItem.Content>
                                    <ScrollView>
                                        <StackLayout>                                        
                                            <rotator:SfRotator ItemsSource="{Binding ImageCollection}"  BackgroundColor="Blue" x:Name="rotator" NavigationStripMode="Dots" NavigationStripPosition="Bottom" NavigationDelay="100" NavigationDirection="Horizontal">                                               
<rotator:SfRotator.ItemTemplate>                                                   
<DataTemplate>                                                       
<ffimage:CachedImage ErrorPlaceholder="Error" Source="{Binding Image}" HeightRequest="50" WidthRequest="50" LoadingPlaceholder="Loading..." />
                                                        <!--<Image Source="{Binding Image, Converter={StaticResource EmptyConverter}}" HeightRequest="100" WidthRequest="200" />-->
                                                    </DataTemplate>
                                                    <!--<DataTemplate>
                                                        <Image Source="{Binding Image}"/>
                                                    </DataTemplate>-->
                                                    <!--
                                                </rotator:SfRotator.ItemTemplate>-->
                                                </rotator:SfRotator.ItemTemplate>
                                            </rotator:SfRotator>
</StackLayout>                                  
</ScrollView>   
                            </tabView:SfTabItem.Content>                              
                        </tabView:SfTabItem>
</ContentPage>

MainPageViewModel.cs

public class MainPageViewModel : ViewModelBase
{

private List imageCollection;
public List ImageCollection
{
get { return imageCollection; }
set { SetProperty(ref imageCollection, value); }
}
public MainPageViewModel(INavigationService navigationService)
: base(navigationService)
{
Title = "Main Page";

ImageCollection = new List();
ImageCollection.Add(new OfferSection ("offer1.jpg", "1" ));
ImageCollection.Add(new OfferSection ("offer2.jpg", "2" ));
ImageCollection.Add(new OfferSection ("offer3.png", "3" ));
}

OfferSection.cs

public class OfferSection
{
public string Image { get; set; }

public string OfferId { get; set; }

public OfferSection(string image, string id )
{
Image = image;
OfferId = id;
}

Thanks in advance. Waiting for a prompt response

3 Replies

DR Dhanasekar R Syncfusion Team January 3, 2019 11:32 AM UTC

Hi Ahmad, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

We have validated the reported issue "Image is not being displayed in rotator in android " and we are able to reproduce the issue in the SfTabView. SfRotator images or FFimageLoading images are not displayed when using inside the SfTabView content. We have logged a bug report for this issue and the fix will be available 2018 Volume 4 SP1 which is expected to be rolled out by first week of Feb 2019

You can track the bug from this link: https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/3938 

Regards, 
Dhanasekar 

EM Emil November 24, 2019 12:36 AM UTC

Why i cannot see the progress of this item? why does it say access denied? what is the progress?

HM Hemalatha Marikumar Syncfusion Team November 25, 2019 09:17 AM UTC

Hi Emil, 

Thanks for your update. 

We would like to let you know that the reported issue has been fixed already. We have prepared the sample with installing our latest nuget as per the reproducing case of this issue. Please download the sample from below link 

We request you to try our sample, if you face the same issue in your application and can you please revert us by modifying the sample based on your application along with replication procedure. This will be help us to investigate further and provide you with a better solution at the earliest. 

Regards, 
Hemalatha M. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon