We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Images not being displayed

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

141687 Dec 27,2018 02:34 PM UTC Jan 3,2019 11:32 AM UTC Xamarin.Forms 1
Tags: SfRotator
Ahmad
Asked On December 27, 2018 02:34 PM UTC

Hey,

I am using Prism with Xamarin Forms with all the packages up to date. I am using SfRotator, SfNavigationDrawer etc. in my project but my issue is with the SfRotator. The images in the rotator are not being displayed. I have tried using the control which was not displaying any images. I moved to FFImageLoading which works outside the SfRotator but not inside. Also, if i put a inside the , or if i use a CachedImageFastRenderer, it throws a NullReferenceException

Following are the code snippets:

MainPage.xaml
<ContentPage xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2009/xaml"
x:Class="xxxxxx.Views.MainPage"
xmlns:navDrawer="clr-namespace:Syncfusion.SfNavigationDrawer.XForms;assembly=Syncfusion.SfNavigationDrawer.XForms"
xmlns:tabView="clr-namespace:Syncfusion.XForms.TabView;assembly=Syncfusion.SfTabView.XForms"
xmlns:rotator="clr-namespace:Syncfusion.SfRotator.XForms;assembly=Syncfusion.SfRotator.XForms"
xmlns:listView="clr-namespace:Syncfusion.ListView.XForms;assembly=Syncfusion.SfListView.XForms"
xmlns:ffimage="clr-namespace:FFImageLoading.Forms;assembly=FFImageLoading.Forms"
Title="{Binding Title}">
<tabView:SfTabItem.Content>
                                    <ScrollView>
                                        <StackLayout>                                        
                                            <rotator:SfRotator ItemsSource="{Binding ImageCollection}"  BackgroundColor="Blue" x:Name="rotator" NavigationStripMode="Dots" NavigationStripPosition="Bottom" NavigationDelay="100" NavigationDirection="Horizontal">                                               
<rotator:SfRotator.ItemTemplate>                                                   
<DataTemplate>                                                       
<ffimage:CachedImage ErrorPlaceholder="Error" Source="{Binding Image}" HeightRequest="50" WidthRequest="50" LoadingPlaceholder="Loading..." />
                                                        <!--<Image Source="{Binding Image, Converter={StaticResource EmptyConverter}}" HeightRequest="100" WidthRequest="200" />-->
                                                    </DataTemplate>
                                                    <!--<DataTemplate>
                                                        <Image Source="{Binding Image}"/>
                                                    </DataTemplate>-->
                                                    <!--
                                                </rotator:SfRotator.ItemTemplate>-->
                                                </rotator:SfRotator.ItemTemplate>
                                            </rotator:SfRotator>
</StackLayout>                                  
</ScrollView>   
                            </tabView:SfTabItem.Content>                              
                        </tabView:SfTabItem>
</ContentPage>

MainPageViewModel.cs

public class MainPageViewModel : ViewModelBase
{

private List imageCollection;
public List ImageCollection
{
get { return imageCollection; }
set { SetProperty(ref imageCollection, value); }
}
public MainPageViewModel(INavigationService navigationService)
: base(navigationService)
{
Title = "Main Page";

ImageCollection = new List();
ImageCollection.Add(new OfferSection ("offer1.jpg", "1" ));
ImageCollection.Add(new OfferSection ("offer2.jpg", "2" ));
ImageCollection.Add(new OfferSection ("offer3.png", "3" ));
}

OfferSection.cs

public class OfferSection
{
public string Image { get; set; }

public string OfferId { get; set; }

public OfferSection(string image, string id )
{
Image = image;
OfferId = id;
}

Thanks in advance. Waiting for a prompt response

Dhanasekar R [Syncfusion]
Replied On January 3, 2019 11:32 AM UTC

Hi Ahmad, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

We have validated the reported issue "Image is not being displayed in rotator in android " and we are able to reproduce the issue in the SfTabView. SfRotator images or FFimageLoading images are not displayed when using inside the SfTabView content. We have logged a bug report for this issue and the fix will be available 2018 Volume 4 SP1 which is expected to be rolled out by first week of Feb 2019

You can track the bug from this link: https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/3938 

Regards, 
Dhanasekar 

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Please sign in to access our forum

This page will automatically be redirected to the sign-in page in 10 seconds.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;