We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Problems with Excel Filter

The Excel filter is not functioning correctly.

When we have few possible values for a column, these should be shown in the filter dialog box along with their respective checkbox, but that not always happen.

In my case, I have two possible values but in the filter dialog only appears one, and if I apply a custom search (contains...) then the other value appears. But if I deselect and select once again both values, when I click Ok, the second value disappears. As a result the Grid control shows an inadequate results.

I have attached a video that shows this behavior.

Attachment: gridexcelfiltererrors_30965876_46fea95a.zip

3 Replies

VN Vignesh Natarajan Syncfusion Team December 14, 2018 07:41 AM UTC

Hi Eduardo, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

We can reproduce your reported problem at our end. While using the UrlAdaptor of DataManager, Grid collects the data from the server according to the PageSettings property of  current PageSize  or using default PageSize and loads the data based on loadOnDemand concept. In Excel Filter, we will show only distinct values from the first 1000 records of Grid dataSource. In your dataSource, you have bound nearly 10000 records, so that it will return first 1000 records with distinct values.  

Kindly refer the below link for the Knowledge base document to overcome the reported issue.  

Regards, 
Vignesh Natarajan. 

ED Eduardo December 14, 2018 06:10 PM UTC

Thanks for your response.
Now it works!

VN Vignesh Natarajan Syncfusion Team December 17, 2018 06:58 AM UTC

Hi Eduardo, 

Thanks for the update. 

We are glad to hear that you query has been resolved by our solution  

Please get back to us if you have further queries. 

Regards, 
Vignesh Natarajan   

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon