We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Always use UTC dates when communication from/to server

Hello

I am using EJ 2 version 16.3.0.36 (nuget package).

This question does not belong to a single control but is more about a general approach.

What would be the best approach to always pass DateTimes as UTC when there is a communication from server to client and from client to server?

This means, all date/time related Syncfusion controls should treat all dates received from the server as UTC and then convert it to local time for displaying.
When sending data to the server, all dates have to be converted from local time to UTC.

Is there an easy way to achieve this?

I saw this kb entry, however it did not help me.https://www.syncfusion.com/kb/8613/how-to-convert-dates-to-utc-format

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards
Phil

1 Reply

DL Deepa Loganathan Syncfusion Team December 11, 2018 12:40 PM UTC

Hi Phil,  

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have processed all the Date and Time values as UTC at both server and client end. You can find the pros of using this approach in the below link. 

If you are facing any difficulties in using our controls, kindly share us more details on your application requirement, the issue you are facing while handling date in our control. So that we can investigate further and provide you a prompt solution to resolve the issue at the earliest.  

Regards,  
Deepa L. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon