We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

TextInputLayout control Hangs the application

I'm using the TextInputLayout to show information (because i like the style and the Hint help with space saving), I used it with a disabled entry, but the textcolor property for a disabled entry is bugged and the text is displayed with the default color. Now to solve that easily I though "Why not change the entry for a label?" and my app got frozen.

I understand that the control is thinked to be used with Entry (because is an input) but it will be great if I can have a Label with the TextInputLayout Style

1 Reply

MP Michael Prabhu M Syncfusion Team December 7, 2018 08:37 AM UTC

Hi Jesus, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

Query:  To use disabled entry or label 

We have analyzed your requirement, where you are trying to use a disabled entry or label to achieve your requirement. So, we suspect that, the exact requirement is uneditable text for an Entry in text input layout. If so, we can achieve your requirement by setting the InputTransparent property for the Entry. We have shared the code snipped for the same, 

Refer the following link: 

Solution:  
[Code Snippet XAML]   
 <inputLayout:SfTextInputLayout ContainerType="Outlined" Hint="Name"> 

<Entry x:Name="entryfield" Text="John" TextColor="Pink" InputTransparent="True" /> 

</inputLayout:SfTextInputLayout> 

Also, we have already implemented options to customize the color of all the elements using keys, which will be available in our Volume 4 2018- beta release which is expected to be rolled out within a week. 

Regards, 
Michael  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon