We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

Datetime problems in report designer

Hi , how are you ? , today I have two question if you could help me the first I think is commun problem in Report Designer is Datepicker , one I choose two date from same month and same year data show and also the tablix show but if i choose from other month the data no show let's tak exemple
I have my facture in date 10-12-2018 if i choose stard date is 01-10-2018 and end date is 20-10-2018 the data show and facture show in tablix if i change same paramter to
01-10-2018 and end date to 20-12-2018 the data not showing any more this my picture to make u understand
https://ibb.co/LPYkNRP
https://ibb.co/xHhCGJD
the second problem is the sum so I have tablix with contain father group with footer called facture date in left and I put child group my problem is with the column "Total"
when i make expression Sum of it is always give me wrong result I think is calucled it more than once in my exemple so I want to make correct to became same behavie like "SellerPrice" , so keep in mind that "Total" field is child Group and "SellerPrice" is just column this my picture I hope u understand what I mean the problem is in red color
https://ibb.co/3RHpkP9
I will attach also my .rdl file to make understand more what I mean
thank you again

Attachment: clientAccount_474399fc.rar

3 Replies

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team December 10, 2018 02:15 PM UTC

Hi Ahmed, 

Please find the response for your queries. 

Query 
Response 
one I choose two date from same month and same year data show and also the tablix show but if i choose from other month the data no show let's tak exemple 
I have my facture in date 10-12-2018 if i choose stard date is 01-10-2018 and end date is 20-10-2018 the data show and facture show in tablix if i change same paramter to 
01-10-2018 and end date to 20-12-2018 the data not showing any more this my picture to make u understand 

We have checked the mentioned problem with shared RDL file. In that you are using the conversion for Datatime value in dataset so it filtering the invalid data’s from SQL Server.  
(We have checked the RDL file with your filtering in SSRS ReportServer there also we are getting invalid data’s) 

So can you please remove the Conversion in where condition as shown in below snap. 

the second problem is the sum so I have tablix with contain father group with footer called facture date in left and I put child group my problem is with the column "Total" 
when i make expression Sum of it is always give me wrong result I think is calucled it more than once in my exemple so I want to make correct to became same behavie like "SellerPrice" , so keep in mind that "Total" field is child Group and "SellerPrice" is just column this my picture I hope u understand what I mean the problem is in red color 
I will attach also my .rdl file to make understand more what I mean 
thank you again 

We are unable to determine your exact requirement. We suspect you are asking to get the sum of total for child group so we have modified your report with sum of totalfac and report can be downloaded from below location.  

If this is not your requirement then can you please share additional details to provide proper solution. 

Regards, 
Mageshyadav.M

UN Unknown Syncfusion Team December 10, 2018 05:38 PM UTC

thank you 

First  I'm making a multiculture Program so it had many language inside due to that every datetime is saved in sql database with diffrent Culture so I had to convert it to same culture , see what happend when I remove conversion 
so I hope to give me optimal solution for that 
https://ibb.co/gTJ0WZs

second , what I want is sum of  total field you see it is calculating it two time keep in mind total field is child group and sellerprice field is normal column and I used Sum expression ,  I give you this picture and modified my RDL to make it easy on you to understand me 

https://ibb.co/GRh1343

the modified report here , thank you 

Attachment: Modified_5f7fc263.rar

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team December 11, 2018 10:44 AM UTC

Hi Ahmed, 

Please find the response for your queries, 

Query 
Response 
First  I'm making a multiculture Program so it had many language inside due to that every datetime is saved in sql database with diffrent Culture so I had to convert it to same culture , see what happend when I remove conversion  
so I hope to give me optimal solution for that  

A support incident to track the status of DataTime parameter not working has been created under your account to debug the issue in meeting. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.   

second , what I want is sum of  total field you see it is calculating it two time keep in mind total field is child group and sellerprice field is normal column and I used Sum expression ,  I give you this picture and modified my RDL to make it easy on you to understand me  

Thanks for sharing the additional details.  

We can achieve your requirement with using the Group name in Sum expression instead of Dataset name shown in below snap. 

We have modified your RDL file and it can be downloaded from below location 

Regards, 
Mageshyadav.M 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon