We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Filter appointments/Binding to CollectionView

Heya,

I need to filter appointments by their status, specifically the user should be able to select multiple statuses and appointments that have a status that is in that list should be shown.

As far as I can see the sfSchedule control does not support filtering itself, so I am using a CollectionView with a filter function. This does generally work, but due to the nature of the Filter I need to call Refresh on it after the selected statuses changed to have it reevaluate the filter. This does, however lead to the control displaying no controls at all. After some testing I found out that just calling Refresh causes it.

I got it to work by using an ObservableCollection that is created from the CollectionView, but I'd like to have a cleaner solution.

Any ideas?

4 Replies

AS Arun siva Syncfusion Team December 6, 2018 02:11 PM UTC

Hi Karsten, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support, 

Currently, we are analyzing your query regards “Filtering appointment to collection view”, we will update you on 7th December 2018. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Arun Siva R 

VR Vigneshkumar Ramasamy Syncfusion Team December 7, 2018 09:45 AM UTC

Hi Karsten,  

Thanks for your patience,  

We have analyzed the reported issue “Filter appointments doesn’t update properly” and it works fine from our side, we have prepared a simple sample for the same, please find the sample below, if you still face the issue, kindly modify the sample to reproduce the issue and revert us which helps us to analyze more and resolve the issue.  

Sample: ScheduleFilter  

Please revert us if you have any concern.  

Regards,  
Vigneshkumar R 

KA Karsten December 7, 2018 11:01 AM UTC

Heya,

thanks for taking the time to answer.

As far as I see the only thing this would really do is not using a CollectionView at all and filter manually, which, granted, would also work in this simple case.
The end result is not far different from what I currently do while it may be a bit cleaner, though.

It is also not using binding and only one status is selectable at any given time, but those are minor issues as the change for those is simplistic.

Unless someone else has an idea (that directly uses a CollectionView) I will think about using a variation of this or just stay with the current one.

AS Arun siva Syncfusion Team December 11, 2018 02:44 PM UTC

Hi Karsten, 

Thanks for the update, 

We have analyzed your query “Filtering appointment using collection view” and it works fine from our side, now we have prepared a simple sample by using CollectionView, please find the sample below. 

Sample: ScheduleFilter 

We hope that this helps you, kindly revert us if this in not the scenario you have faced and please modify the sample with your scenario. 

Regards, 
Arun Siva R 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon