We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Implementing PullToRefresh with a ScrollView as the PullableContent

Hi,
I am trying to implement PullToRefresh functionality with a Xamarin.Forms.ScrollView component as the PullableContent.

e.g. 
<pullToRefresh:SfPullToRefresh...>
     <pullToRefresh:SfPullToRefresh.PullableContent>
          <ScrollView>
          </ScrollView>
     </pullToRefresh:SfPullToRefresh.PullableContent>
</pullToRefresh:SfPullToRefresh>

While it mostly works, it gets confused between the ScrollView and the PullToRefresh. A quick flick down triggers the PullToRefresh while a slower press and pull down tends to trigger the ScrollView mechanism.

Any ides on how to implement this?

11 Replies

JN Jayaleshwari N Syncfusion Team December 3, 2018 11:06 AM UTC

Hi Andrew,  

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.  

We have checked the reported issue “when pulling is performed with a slower press, pull to refresh does not occur when ScrollView is added as the PullableContent” from our side. Unfortunately the reported issue does not reproduced at our end. We have prepared the sample based on the information provided by loading ScrollView as the pullable content. We have attached the tested sample for your reference and you can download the same from the following location. 

Could you please check with above sample whether the reported issue replicate in our sample also.? If not, we would request you to modify the attached sample or could you please share the following details which would be better to provide appropriate solution. 

• Properties that set to the SfPullToRefresh.
  • Content loaded in ScrollView
  • Platform and device details.
  • Replication procedure to reproduce the issue.

Regards,  
Jayaleshwari N 

AE Andrew Elliott December 4, 2018 03:32 PM UTC

Thank you for your sample application. In my testing this works perfectly. However I have done further investigation and have found that this issue happens seemingly randomly when I have a main page that has a SfPullToRefresh control with a SfListView as the PullableContent. When an item is tapped in the SfListView, it takes me to a details page which has a SfPullToRefresh which has the ScrollView as the PullableContent. The PullToRefresh component will sometime not work at all on the detail page.

The issue seems to depend on what position the main pages list view is when the detail page is opened. I have put together a sample application to demonstrate the issue.

Sequence to show issue>
Scroll so Book 8 is in the middle of the page and tap it.
Pull to refresh is working on detail page.
Got back
Scroll to Book 17 is at the bottom of the screen but visible and tap it.
Pull to refresh doesn't work.
None of the other pages will work until the main page pull to refresh is triggered.

Please let me know if you have any questions on this sample.

Thanks
Andrew

Attachment: PullToRefreshTest_c5e2933d.zip

JN Jayaleshwari N Syncfusion Team December 5, 2018 09:59 AM UTC

Hi Andrew,  

Thanks for the update.  

We have checked your query and attached sample. We are able to reproduce the reported “Pulling not occurs when scroll the SfListview and navigate to next page” issue. We have logged the issue report for the same. we will fix the issue and it will be included in our upcoming 2018 Volume 4 SP 1 release which is scheduled to be rolled out by the end of January, 2019. We appreciate your patience until then. Please let us know if you would require patch before the release.  

Regards,  
Jayaleshwari N 

AE Andrew Elliott December 5, 2018 10:18 AM UTC

Hi Jayaleshwari,

Thanks for the prompt response. Would it be possible to come up with some workaround or patch before then? We are hoping to release our application sometime in early January so would ideally need this fixed before then.

Thanks
Andrew

JN Jayaleshwari N Syncfusion Team December 5, 2018 10:56 AM UTC

Hi Andrew, 

Thanks for the update. We will provide the fix for the reported issue on or before December 26, 2018. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Jayaleshwari N 

AE Andrew Elliott January 10, 2019 11:36 AM UTC

Hi,
Just wondering if this issue has been fixed and released yet? I updated the sample/demo app with 16.4.0.44 version but that still has the same issue.

Kind Regards
Andrew

JN Jayaleshwari N Syncfusion Team January 11, 2019 12:19 PM UTC

Hi Andrew, 

Thanks for your patience.   

We have fixed the issue “ “Pulling not occurs when scroll the SfListview and navigate to next page”. We have generated the custom assemblies with SfPullToRefresh v16.4.0.42 and attached it in the below location. The fix for the issue will be included in 2018 Volume 4 SP1 release which is expected to be rolled out by first week of February 2019.   

These assemblies should replace the existing assemblies in the following location.               

{Syncfusion Installed location}\Essential Studio\16.4.0.42\Xamarin\lib\ pcl\Syncfusion.SfPullToRefresh.XForms.dll 
{Syncfusion Installed location}\Essential Studio\16.4.0.42\Xamarin\lib\ android\ Syncfusion.SfPullToRefresh.XForms.dll    
{Syncfusion Installed location}\Essential Studio\16.4.0.42\Xamarin\lib\ android\ Syncfusion.SfPullToRefresh.XForms.Android.dll    
{Syncfusion Installed location}\Essential Studio\16.4.0.42\Xamarin\lib\ ios\ Syncfusion.SfPullToRefresh.XForms.dll   
{Syncfusion Installed location}\Essential Studio\16.4.0.42\Xamarin\lib\ ios\ Syncfusion.SfPullToRefresh.XForms.iOS.dll    
{Syncfusion Installed location}\Essential Studio\16.4.0.42\Xamarin\lib\ uwp\ Syncfusion.SfPullToRefresh.XForms.dll    
{Syncfusion Installed location}\Essential Studio\16.4.0.42\Xamarin\lib\ uwp\ Syncfusion.SfPullToRefresh.XForms.UWP.dll    

Disclaimer: Please note that we have created this assembly for the version 16.4.0.42 specifically 
to resolve the query requested in this incident 141242 

Regards, 
Jayaleshwari N 

AE Andrew Elliott January 17, 2019 02:35 PM UTC

Thank you.
I'll let you know if there are any further issues.

Andrew

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team January 18, 2019 06:48 AM UTC

Hi Andrew,    

Thank you for the update. We will wait until further response hear from you. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V   

SU Suthahar April 28, 2021 05:36 PM UTC

Hi Team,

I am using  SfPullToRefresh version 19.1.0.58

but getting same issue

KK Karthikraja Kalaimani Syncfusion Team April 29, 2021 07:08 AM UTC

Hi Suthahar,

We have checked with SfPullToRefresh (19.1.0.58) and the SfPullToRefresh is working fine as expected. We have attached the working sample for your reference.

Sample link: https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/SfPullToRefreshDemo2146533470.zip

If you still face the issue, could you please modify the provided sample and revert us with its replication procedure. It will be helpful for us to provide you better solution.  

Regards,
Karthik Raja

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon