We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Text in ProgressBar

Hi, I was hoping someone could tell me if it is possilbe to put some text on a ProgressBarAdv control instead of the percent complete. For example "Loading images..."

9 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 19, 2004 10:50 AM UTC

Hi Richard, Yes, you could do so by following the directions given below : 1. Set the ProgressBarAdv''s TextStyle to Custom 2. Handle the ProgressBarAdv''s ValueChanged event and set e.Text = "your desired text" and e.Handled = true. Please refer to the sample_attached that demonstrates this. Thanks for considering Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

RI Rich June 6, 2004 11:01 PM UTC

Thanks Guru, That works well, now how can I align the text, currently it appears that the start of the text starts from the center, so it runs off the right hand side.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 7, 2004 02:42 AM UTC

Hi Richard, I am afraid, presently the ProgressBarAdv does not have the ability to align the Text on it. However, we have could consider this as a feature request for a future release of Essential Suite. We appreciate your feedback, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

GP Guru Patwal June 9, 2004 04:31 PM UTC

Hi Richard, A TextAlignment property has been added to the ProgressbarAdv which would now allow you to align the Text. This feature is still internal, and would be available in the next release of Essential Suite (post v2.0.5.14 releases). Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 16, 2004 06:42 PM UTC

I am trying to do the same thing, would love to see the sample code but it seems to not be accessible. Thanks...

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 24, 2004 12:11 PM UTC

Guru- Can you repost the sample code? It looks like it is not there anymore. Thank you.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 26, 2004 10:50 AM UTC

Hi, I have reattached the test sample here. Please refer to it and let me know if you need further assistance. We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

JI Jim October 12, 2005 05:38 PM UTC

I''m curious why it''s necessary to handle an event to set the text? Why can''t I just set the text when I set the value. Maybe an overloaded value of SetValue that takes a string as a second parameter. Obviously there are many ways of doing this. You might also want to look at how Infragistics handles this, they define some formatting variables, so you can say the text will be "Loading " + [constant that will be replaced with formatted text showing percentage or whatever]. Jim

JI Jim November 11, 2005 07:26 PM UTC

Guess nobody had any comment on that.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon