We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ColumnChooser collection problem at initializing

Dear Admin,

i'm experimenting with your ColumnChooser and also with your CustomColumnChooser, but i have an issue with one of them. At Initializing my view which contains my datagrid, the ColumnChooser doesn't show the hidden columns which are set at the xaml code. When i'm starting to move the columns, which ones i can see, into the ColumnChooser, the synergy works fine but i want the initializing hidden columns getting displayed at the ColumnChooser from beginning. The thing is, the CustomColumnChooser don't have this problem. So is there any possibility to get those hidden columns into the start ColumnChooser. Btw i'm trying all of this in MVVM-Style and my datagrid itemssource is bind to an observable collection. My datagrid is element of an tab and this tab is part of a pluginviewcontrol. Would be proud if you can add some solutions for this, maybe an alternative way like adding all hidden Columns manually to the ColumnChooser add initializing.

Best Regards and thanks in forward.

3 Replies

DY Deivaselvan Y Syncfusion Team December 3, 2018 06:24 PM UTC

Hi Sascha,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

You could find the demo sample for the ColumnChooser from the below locations and it will demonstrate to show the Hidden columns in ColumnChooser during initial loading of the DataGrid. Try running this sample and let us know if this helps you.

Dashboard Installed location:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Syncfusion\WPF\16.3.0.29\SfGrid.WPF\Samples\ColumnChooserDemo\CS 

GitHub location:
https://github.com/syncfusion/wpf-demos/tree/master/SfGrid.WPF/Samples/ColumnChooserDemo/CS

Please let us know if we misunderstood your requirement.

Regards,
Deivaselvan 

SB Sascha Bauer December 4, 2018 05:30 AM UTC

Your sample runs fine and it gets the hidden columns but in my case, the hidden columns at initializing dont get added to the list of the column chooser and if i'm saving the gridview with serialize and at deserialize it at reloading the datagrid, the new added hidden columns also dont get added to the list of the column chooser. After that, all works fine but the column chooser dont get the hidden columns at initializing the grid. The Custom column chooser knows all columns, also the hidden ones.

Regards.

DY Deivaselvan Y Syncfusion Team December 5, 2018 11:11 AM UTC

Hi Sascha,

Thanks for the update.

We can reproduce the reported hidden column missing issue only when ColumnChooser defined before loading the MainWindow. We suspect that you may tried like this and it will be resolved if you define the ColumnChooser into the Loaded event of the MainWindow. Please refer the below documentation which illustrate the same and let us know if this helps you.

https://help.syncfusion.com/wpf/sfdatagrid/interactive-features#columnchooser

If still issue exists, kindly modify our sample based on your structure and share with us to reproduce the issue at our end. Thereby we could analyze and update you with the details at the earliest.

Regards,
Deivaselvan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon