We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Rotator needs a SelectedIndexChanging event.

I am adding templates to a rotator on the fly depending on a user choice. I need a SelectedIndexChanging event to kick in before any changes are done to the rotator so that I can smoothly add templates.

At the moment I add a placeholder template and use SelectedIndexChanged, but this has a very jarring UI as it is removed and replaced with the real template. See the video attached below.

Here is my rotator code:

Your forum software is really rubbish!!!!! I fight with it every time I post with double images, or it randomly not wanting to save....

Attachment: Rotator_control_with_place_holder_ecdf6949.zip

4 Replies

MA Mark December 3, 2018 06:31 AM UTC

Any feedback?

PA Paul Anderson S Syncfusion Team December 3, 2018 10:53 AM UTC

Hi Mark, 

Greetings from Synfusion. 

In our current implementation, we have only SelectedIndexChanged event which will be called only after the selected index is changed and currently we don’t have the support for SelectedIndexChanging event. To achieve your requirement of dynamically change the Template there should be an event raised as you mentioned. So, we will consider your requirement as a feature request and logged a feature report.  

We don’t have any immediate plans to implement this feature. At the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features. We will let you know when this feature is implemented. So, we have added it to our feature request list. This feature "SelectedIndexChanging event in SfRotator" will be available in any of our upcoming release. 

Regards, 
Paul Anderson 

MA Mark December 3, 2018 11:00 AM UTC

Hi Paul,

Thank you.

PA Paul Anderson S Syncfusion Team December 3, 2018 11:45 AM UTC

Hi Mark, 

Thanks for the update. Please visit our website perodically for further updates regarding the feature. 

Regards, 
Paul Anderson 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon