We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Custom dialog edit template for grid

Hi guys,

I am using dialog edit template with partial views and CRUD is working fine. Although I have some design issues I'd like to ask you some support.
Please check de picture bellow:

#1 - I'd like to customize header information (please remember I'm using template and partial views). Is there a way to do it?
#2 - Combo boxes doesn't render its arrow button in the right side of line (as you can see the combobox botton line is beyond arrow button). Even when using a larger column width (col-md-12) arrow button is rendered at the same place you see in the picture above. How to fix this?
#3 - Dialog form height is ok when I am on a grid page with at least 5 or 6 rows. When the grid page has zero or few rows form height "shrinks" and some fields are not shown. Is there a way to fix dialog form height to keep its height no matter how many rows appears on grid?
#4 - I'd like to show to the users an option to print (or not) a register just after saving it. Could it be a notification component? How to do it?

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies

MS Madhu Sudhanan P Syncfusion Team November 28, 2018 11:14 AM UTC

Hi Vanderlei, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Query #1: I'd like to customize header information (please remember I'm using template and partial views). Is there a way to do it? 

You can customize the Dialog template header in the actionComplete event of Grid component. Please refer to the below code example and documentation link. 

[index.cshtml] 
<div class="control-section"> 
        @Html.EJS().Grid("DialogTemplateEdit").DataSource((IEnumerable<object>)ViewBag.dataSource).ActionComplete("actionComplete").Columns(col => 
   { 
        .  .  . 
   }).AllowPaging().PageSettings(page => page.PageCount(2)).EditSettings(edit => { edit.AllowAdding(true).AllowEditing(true).AllowDeleting(true).Mode(Syncfusion.EJ2.Grids.EditMode.Dialog).Template("#dialogtemplate"); }).Toolbar(new List<string>() { "Add", "Edit", "Delete", "Update", "Cancel" }).Render() 
    </div> 

<script> 
        var div = ej.base.createElement('div', { id: 'dlg' }); 
        function actionComplete(args) { 
            if (args.requestType === 'beginEdit') { 
                args.dialog.header = 'Edit Dialog'; 
                .  .  .            } 
            if (args.requestType === 'add') { 
                args.dialog.header = 'Add Dialog'; 
                .  .  . 
            } 
        } 
    </script> 

Query #2: Combo boxes doesn't render its arrow button in the right side of line (as you can see the combobox botton line is beyond arrow button). Even when using a larger column width (col-md-12) arrow button is rendered at the same place you see in the picture above. How to fix this? 

Before providing solution, Could you please share your template for the Edit dialog. So we can validate the query and provide a better solution as soon as possible. 

Query #3: Is there a way to fix dialog form height to keep its height no matter how many rows appears on grid? 

You can set the height for the Dialog template in the actionComplete event of Grid component in which you can get the Edit/Add Dialog object. Please refer to the below code example and documentation link. 

[index.cshtml] 
        @Html.EJS().Grid("DialogTemplateEdit").DataSource((IEnumerable<object>)ViewBag.dataSource).ActionComplete("actionComplete").Columns(col => 
   { 
         .  .  . 
   }).AllowPaging().PageSettings(page => page.PageCount(2)).EditSettings(edit => { edit.AllowAdding(true).AllowEditing(true).AllowDeleting(true).Mode(Syncfusion.EJ2.Grids.EditMode.Dialog).Template("#dialogtemplate"); }).Toolbar(new List<string>() { "Add", "Edit", "Delete", "Update", "Cancel" }).Render() 
    </div> 

<script> 
            if (args.requestType === 'beginEdit') { 
                args.dialog.height = '400px'; 
                  .  . . 
            } 

} 
    </script> 

Query #4: I'd like to show to the users an option to print (or not) a register just after saving it. Could it be a notification component? How to do it? 

You can render a notification component after a saving the data in the actionComplete event with requestType ‘save’. Please refer to the below code example and sample link. 

[index.cshtml] 
   { 
        .  .  . 
    </div> 

<script> 
               .   .   . 
            if (args.requestType === 'save') { 
                var toastObj = new ej.notifications.Toast({ 
                    position: { 
                        X: 'Right' 
                    }, target: document.body 

}); 
                toastObj.appendTo('#DialogTemplateEdit'); 
                toastObj.show({ title: 'Information!', content: 'You can Print the data now.', cssClass: 'e-toast-info', icon: 'e-info toast-icons' }); 
            } 
        } 
    </script> 

Regards, 
Madhu Sudhanan P 

VA Vanderlei November 28, 2018 02:10 PM UTC

Hi Madhu,

Query #2: Combo boxes doesn't render its arrow button in the right side of line (as you can see the combobox botton line is beyond arrow button). Even when using a larger column width (col-md-12) arrow button is rendered at the same place you see in the picture above. How to fix this? 

Before providing solution, Could you please share your template for the Edit dialog. So we can validate the query and provide a better solution as soon as possible. 

I pointed the script in the picture bellow. Please have the full code attached.

Thanks for the support!

Attachment: _DemandasDialogAddPartial_f07806c9.7z

MS Madhu Sudhanan P Syncfusion Team November 29, 2018 08:39 AM UTC

Hi Vanderlei, 

We have validated your query and found that the reported problem occurred because of the default MVC (site.css) styles override the provided CSS .  

We suggest you to remove the below CSS reference from App_Start/BundleConfig.cs in your application or override input max-width property as 100% to resolve the reported problem. 

[BundleConfig.cs] 
namespace mvc_ej2 
{ 
    public class BundleConfig 
    { 
        public static void RegisterBundles(BundleCollection bundles) 
        { 
            bundles.Add(new ScriptBundle("~/bundles/jquery").Include( 
                        "~/Scripts/jquery-{version}.js")); 
            . . . . . 
            bundles.Add(new StyleBundle("~/Content/css").Include( 
                      "~/Content/bootstrap.css", 
                      "~/Content/site.css")); // remove the default site.css 
        } 
    } 
} 

<style> 
   .e-dlg-content .e-gridform input, select, textarea {