We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

AppStateSerializer

i need to store RecordFilterDescriptorCollection and GridColumnDescriptorCollection into a binary field of an sql server table. is it possible to use AppStateSerializer for that? like storing the binary file it creates into the sql table and vice versa. i got an error from AppStateSerializer saying recordfilterdescriptor in not marked as serializable. whats the best approach? tia

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 18, 2004 04:25 PM UTC

To serialize state information in a GridGroupingControl, try using the gridGroupingControl.WriteXmlSchema.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 18, 2004 04:40 PM UTC

is this correct: System.Xml.XmlTextWriter xw = new System.Xml.XmlTextWriter("tempo1", null); this.gridGroupingControl1.WriteXmlSchema(xw); i get the follwing error: There was an error reflecting type ''Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridEngine

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 18, 2004 08:06 PM UTC

Your code seems ok. Have you downloaded the 2.0.5.1 update? There was an XML serialization problem in 2.0.5.0.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 18, 2004 10:37 PM UTC

aye there''s the rub!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon