We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Strange behaviour on editing GridNumericColumn

Hello,

I have a problem with editing values in GridNumericColumn (for TextColumn it works fine) on android device - when I trying to edit value, keyboard (numeric) appears but 'Done' button looks as 'Next' button and when I pressed it showing me a popup with some values to choose. Sometimes, for different ItemSource it is crashing with error:
"focus search returned a view that wasn't able to take focus"
 I'm not sure if you can undersand what I mean - if not, I can provide an example.

cheers

9 Replies

VR Vigneshkumar Ramasamy Syncfusion Team November 19, 2018 07:28 AM UTC

Hi Damian,  

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.  

We checked the reported issue “Numeric keyboard appears but 'Done' button looks as 'Next' button and when pressing it shows a popup with some values to choose”. The issue is not reproduced in our side, we have attached the sample in which we tested for your reference. So, we request you to share your example and provide us the replication procedure to reproduce the issue.   

Regards,  
Vigneshkumar R 

DA Damian November 19, 2018 08:18 PM UTC

Thanks for a quick reply. I have checked your sample and indeed it works perfect. Then I started to check for differences between your code and mine and I found if  you add a button after the dataGrid then it will make a problem to occurs - keyboard button is changed to Next. Below is modified XAML code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<ContentPage xmlns="http://xamarin.com/schemas/2014/forms"
             xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2009/xaml"
             xmlns:local="clr-namespace:DataGridDemo"
             x:Class="DataGridDemo.MainPage"
             xmlns:sfgrid="clr-namespace:Syncfusion.SfDataGrid.XForms;assembly=Syncfusion.SfDataGrid.XForms">
  <ContentPage.BindingContext>
    <local:ViewModel x:Name="viewModel" />
  </ContentPage.BindingContext>
    <ContentPage.Content>
        <StackLayout>
            <sfgrid:SfDataGrid x:Name="sfGrid"
             AutoGenerateColumns="False"
             ItemsSource="{Binding OrdersInfo}"
              AllowEditing="True"
              SelectionMode="Single"
              NavigationMode="Cell"
             ColumnSizer="Star"
                 >
                <sfgrid:SfDataGrid.Columns>
                    <sfgrid:GridNumericColumn MappingName="OrderID" />
                    <sfgrid:GridTextColumn MappingName="EmployeeID" />
                    <sfgrid:GridTextColumn MappingName="CustomerID" />
                    <sfgrid:GridTextColumn MappingName="ShipCountry" HeaderText="Country"/>
                </sfgrid:SfDataGrid.Columns>
            </sfgrid:SfDataGrid>

<Button Text="CrashMe" />

</StackLayout>
    </ContentPage.Content>

</ContentPage>

VR Vigneshkumar Ramasamy Syncfusion Team November 20, 2018 08:57 AM UTC

Hi Damian,   

Thanks for the update. 

We have checked the reported issue by adding button inside stackpanel with DataGrid as you have provided in code snippet, still issue is not reproduced from ourside. Please find the screenshots below. 

Could you please provide more information to reproduce the issue along with device details? So that we colud proceed further and provide you the possible solution. 

Regards 
Vigneshkumar R 

DA Damian November 20, 2018 09:32 AM UTC

I can repro this after updating DataGrid nuget to 16.3.0.29 and Xamarin Forms to 3.4 which probably is the reason of the issue

PA Paul Anderson S Syncfusion Team November 23, 2018 11:18 AM UTC

Hi Damien, 

We have created a support incident in your account for further follow-ups. We will assist you through incident under your Direct Trac account.  

Our Direct Trac support system can be accessed from the following link:  

Regards, 
Paul Anderson 

DZ Diego Zamprogno November 28, 2018 04:33 PM UTC

Hi, 
I've the same problem after the update of my project to the version 3.4 of Xamarin.Forms

All my page with a Syncfusion numeric editor and a button hangs when I click on the confirm button of the numeric keyboard...
Also the datagrid sample in this thread, with Syncfusion 16.3.0.36 and Xamarin.Forms  > of 3.2, hangs

Any suggestion?

PA Paul Anderson S Syncfusion Team November 29, 2018 09:55 AM UTC

Hi Diego, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

We have created a support incident to have further followups. We will assist you through incident under your Direct Trac account.  

Our Direct Trac support system can be accessed from the following link:  

Regards, 
Paul Anderson 

CH Christian replied to Diego Zamprogno January 20, 2019 10:25 AM UTC

Hi, 
I've the same problem after the update of my project to the version 3.4 of Xamarin.Forms

All my page with a Syncfusion numeric editor and a button hangs when I click on the confirm button of the numeric keyboard...
Also the datagrid sample in this thread, with Syncfusion 16.3.0.36 and Xamarin.Forms  > of 3.2, hangs

Any suggestion?

I'm using Xamarin Forms 3.4 and I have this issue with a simple SfNumericUpDown: "Java.Lang.IllegalStateException: focus search returned a view that wasn't able to take focus!" when I tap the Done button in the keyboard. If I tap another region on the screen, the exception is not appears.

I found a bug (I guess): the exception is present when there is no "next" (TabIndex) text field (entry or any control). If I have a TabIndex greater than SfNumericUpDown's TabIndex property, the focus follow that order and there is not exception.

I need to put the controls in this order:

SomeTxt (TabIndex 0)
SomeComboBox (TabIndex 1)
SfNumericUpDown (TabIndex 2)
Button (I tried with TabIndex 3 or without it but the issue is present).

As temporal solution, I added a dummy Entry after the numeric control or move it to upper.
Any suggestion? I'm desesperate with this issue :(

DR Dhanasekar R Syncfusion Team January 22, 2019 01:36 PM UTC

Hi Christian, 

Thanks for the update. 

We would like to inform that the fix for this issue has been included in version 16.4.0.47. Can you please upgrade the NuGet to latest version? 

Regards, 
Dhanasekar 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon