We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Custom modal editor

Is it possible use a custom modal editor? No custom template. I want to cancel launch actual modal when you do double click on cell or event and launch my own modal dialog.

Thank you.

9 Replies

KK Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi Syncfusion Team November 19, 2018 04:30 AM UTC

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We can show the custom modal dialog instead of default dialog using template option. Kindly refer the below links to know more about the template option. 

Regards, 
Karthigeyan 

LU Luis November 19, 2018 09:59 AM UTC

Hi Karthigeyan, thank you for response.

The problem of this method is that it's very dirty. In my case I have 2 grouping resources, 2 additional cascading dropdownlist and 4 additional dropdownlist. With this method I can't add directly a dropdownlist with ngModel (I have to add an input and add the functionality in popUpOpen function) and code for all functionality is huge and noisy.

Regards,
Luis

KK Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi Syncfusion Team November 22, 2018 11:34 AM UTC

Hi Luis, 

Thanks for you update. 

When using controls directly within ngModel we are facing template parse error and this known issue will be fixed in our volume 4, 2018 which is expected to be rolled out by the mid of December 2018. 

Regards, 
Karthigeyan 

LL Luis Lora December 14, 2018 11:35 AM UTC

Thank you Karthigeyan.

Do you know release date of Volume 4?

Regards.
Luis

KK Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi Syncfusion Team December 14, 2018 11:39 AM UTC

Hi Luis  

Thanks for you update.  

Volume 4, 2018 main release is expected to be rolled out by the next week of December 2018. 

Regards, 
Karthigeyan 

TG Timothy Gardini replied to Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi December 27, 2018 03:56 PM UTC

Hi Luis, 

Thanks for you update. 

When using controls directly within ngModel we are facing template parse error and this known issue will be fixed in our volume 4, 2018 which is expected to be rolled out by the mid of December 2018. 

Regards, 
Karthigeyan 

Are you saying that the scheduler is getting functionality to enable launching custom modals for editing events? 

I would really love this functionality, I have complex events and would like to handle and manage them in my own form..

Whats the ETA on this? Is it out now?

NR Nevitha Ravi Syncfusion Team December 31, 2018 09:55 AM UTC

Hi Timothy/Luis, 

@Luis – The fix has been included in our latest weekly patch release in the version 16.4.44. Please refer the following example link with the updated packages. 

@Timothy – Yes, we do already have support to use custom modals for editing events. Previously, there was an issue while defining JS2 controls directly within the ng-template which has been fixed now. You can also check the above example link for reference. 
Other reference links –  

Kindly check and let us know if you need any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Nevitha. 

LU Luis January 4, 2019 06:38 AM UTC

Great news! :))

Thank you Nevitha!

KK Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi Syncfusion Team January 4, 2019 06:42 AM UTC

Hi Luis,  

Thanks for your update. 

Regards, 
Karthigeyan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile