We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Setting custom Date-Axis values

Hello,

I was a data series that is a collection of time measurements ( time, value) and I want to plot them into a date-time axis. The only thing that the x value - date-time in minutes is not at a specific interval, is very random. It is a way to set the manual interval somehow or the series of value I want to plot?

As I have something like 1,4,5,6,12,16,21,23 and I want to see the vertical line at every point .

Thank you

1 Reply

MP Michael Prabhu M Syncfusion Team November 19, 2018 10:38 AM UTC

Hi Codrina Merigo, 

Greetings from Syncfusion, we have validated your query and we like to explain our DateTime axis behavior in detail below.  

DateTimeAxis is used to represent the data over X-axis linearly and the intervals for the axis is based on the minimum and maximum range set to the axis based on your data, for e.g. if your data represents more values between a single day then the interval type will be automatically calculated as hours and you will have label based on hours interval (likewise for years, months, days etc.). Since we cannot predict the data linearity the labels will not be placed exactly over the data, instead it will be placed based on the range and interval calculated for your data.   

Even in your screen shot you don’t have the data placed in a regular interval, every data is on different time intervals. To see what data placed on what date you can always user our Tooltip / Trackball in chart, below is the reference on how to use tooltip or trackball.  

Have said that, we also have another type of axis called DateTimeCategoryAxis, which is used to display the label for each data with equal space and not in a chronological order. You can refer more on that from the below link  

Also, we have prepared a simple sample using DateTimeCategory axis for better understanding and you can download it from the below link.  

Hope this helps.  

Thanks,  
Michael  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon