We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

how to get DayCell focused

Hi there,

i want to show a Popup window when some Day Cell is highlighted, like Mouse Over Effect. But there isn't any mouse over event. Could you help me. Thanks a lot!

Best regards

Wenkai 

3 Replies

KR Kannan R Syncfusion Team November 18, 2018 06:15 AM UTC

Hi Wenkai, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.  

We have prepared simple example for your reference. In this example, we have configured DateCell MouseEnter event of today’s date alone.  

For example: 

If today’s date is 18th November, 2018 and then event will be raised for that.  

Code Snippet : [C#] 

public ViewModel() 
        { 
            LoadedCommand = new DelegateCommand<object>((calendar) => 
            { 
                date.Year = DateTime.Now.Year;  
                date.Month = DateTime.Now.Month; 
                date.Day = DateTime.Now.Day; 
                DayGrid grid = VisualUtils.FindDescendant((calendar as CalendarEdit), typeof(DayGrid)) as DayGrid; 
                IEnumerable<Visual> cells = VisualUtils.EnumChildrenOfType(grid, typeof(DayCell)); 
                foreach (DayCell cell in cells) 
                { 
                    // This event will be called only for current Date Cell 
                    if(cell.Date == date) 
                        cell.MouseEnter += Item_MouseEnter;  
                } 
            }); 
        } 

private void Item_MouseEnter(object sender, System.Windows.Input.MouseEventArgs e) 
        { 
            DayCell cell = sender as DayCell; 
            CalendarEdit calender = VisualUtils.FindAncestor(cell,typeof(CalendarEdit)) as CalendarEdit; 
           DateTime datetime = cell.Date.ToDateTime(calender.Calendar); 
            MessageBox.Show("Mouse hovered on "+ datetime.DayOfWeek + ", " + datetime.ToString("MMMM") + " " + datetime.Day + ", " + datetime.Year); 
        } 

Note: Similarly you can make use this approach to configure based on your requirement.  

Please let us know if it helps. 

Regards, 
Kannan 

WW Wenkai Wang November 22, 2018 01:18 PM UTC

Hi Kannan, 

thanks for your sample! It's really helpful. May I ask you one more question? If I switch the month view, for example click the arrow to December and go back to November again, then the MouseEnter event can not be fired any more. Could you please try the workflow which I mentioned, and modify the code? 

Best regards
Wenkai

KR Kannan R Syncfusion Team November 23, 2018 09:47 AM UTC

Hi Wenkai, 

Thank you for your update. 

We have checked and confirmed the reported case “DayCell MouseEnter event not invoked after changed the Month” in CalendarEdit is a defect. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates 

Regards, 
Kannan  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon