We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

UWP SelectionChanged unhandled exception

Hi guy,s

I am seeing sometimes this exception in my sflistview on UWP only. I handle selectinchanged event exceptions as below but this exception is registered as unhandled in uwp. it should be crashing somewhere in the nuget package

private void list_SelectionChanged(object sender, ItemSelectionChangedEventArgs e)
        {
            try
            {

}
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                //report exception
            }

}

SelectionChanged(Object, ItemSelectionChangedEventArgs) + 0x245 at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OnDefaultAttributeUseDelegate.Invoke(IDtdDefaultAttributeInfo, XmlTextReaderImpl) + 0x2e at Syncfusion.ListView.XForms.SelectionController.RaiseSelectionChanged(List`1, List`1) + 0x5c at Syncfusion.ListView.XForms.SelectionController.ProcessItemSelection(Object, Object, ListViewItemInfoBase, ListViewItemInfoBase) + 0x33f at Syncfusion.ListView.XForms.SelectionController.ProcessSingleSelection(ListViewItemInfoBase, Object) + 0x14a at Syncfusion.ListView.XForms.SelectionController.ProcessSelection(ListViewItemInfoBase, Object) + 0x9a at Syncfusion.ListView.XForms.SelectionController.HandleTouchInteraction(TouchGesture, ListViewItemInfoBase, Point) + 0x1a9 at Syncfusion.ListView.XForms.ListViewItemInfoBase.HandleTouchInteraction(TouchGesture, Point) + 0xbd at Syncfusion.ListView.XForms.UWP.ListViewItemRenderer.ItemRenderer_Tapped(Object, TappedRoutedEventArgs) + 0x1b9 at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OnDefaultAttributeUseDelegate.Invoke(IDtdDefaultAttributeInfo, XmlTextReaderImpl) + 0x2e at __Interop.Intrinsics.HasThisCall__32[TArg0](Object, IntPtr, Object, TArg0) + 0x36 at myWorkout.UWP!<BaseAddress>+0x3549670 at System.Runtime.InteropServices.McgMarshal.ThrowOnExternalCallFailed(Int32, RuntimeTypeHandle) + 0x20 at __Interop.ComCallHelpers.Call(__ComObject, RuntimeTypeHandle, Int32) + 0xb8 at __Interop.ForwardComStubs.Stub_16[TThis](__ComObject, Int32) + 0x24 at Microsoft.AppCenter.Utils.ApplicationLifecycleHelper.<.ctor>b__17_1(Object, UnhandledErrorDetectedEventArgs) + 0x3d --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() + 0x21 at Microsoft.AppCenter.Utils.ApplicationLifecycleHelper.<.ctor>b__17_1(Object, UnhandledErrorDetectedEventArgs) + 0x75 at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object, TEventArgs) + 0x1b at __Interop.Intrinsics.HasThisCall__32[TArg0](Object, IntPtr, Object, TArg0)

3 Replies

JN Jayaleshwari N Syncfusion Team November 12, 2018 12:08 PM UTC

Hi Emil,  

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.  

We have checked the reported query “Exception occurred from the SelectionChanged event” form our side. Unfortunately the reported crash does not replicate at our end. We have prepared the sample based on the provided information. ListView is loaded in the view and selection change happened without any crash.  

We have attached the tested sample for your reference and you can download the same from the following link.  

Can you please check the reported issue occurs in our sample also? If the sample does not meets you requirement then we would request you to modify the sample to replicate the issue or please share xaml and code behind file which would highly help us to analyze the query better and provide an appropriate solution.    

Regards,  
Jayaleshwari N. 

EM Emil November 13, 2018 01:09 AM UTC

Hi,

Sorry i cant reproduce this exception and I dont even know how to reproduce it because as I showed you, i am having try catch around entire function but this is not registered as an exception in my app center logs but a crash. it means that it crashes in the nuget package while binding UI somewhere. I am seeing it often in my release logs. You should track down using the stacktrace information at least.

thanks,

Emil

JN Jayaleshwari N Syncfusion Team November 13, 2018 06:44 AM UTC

Hi Emil,  

We have created new support incident for the reported query. Please follow up the incident created under your account for more detail about the reported query.  

Regards,  
Jayaleshwari N 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon