We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

having trouble learning JS, how did YOU learn?

Hello, I have applied for a local bootcamp to change my career. I started dabbling with CSS and HTML, and my experience in those are limited. I passed my 2 interviews and was sent a technical assessment in JS (never used). I have about a week to complete 5 labs and I'm having a little trouble learning/understanding it. I'm usually self-taught but I feel like resources are a little vague, and expect you to know a little bit of general programming to catch on. I was curious if I could get some pointers on how you learned. I feel I do not have the conceptual framework to understand these languages and I'm not entirely sure what to do. I've read most open resources like W3Schools, Codecademy and others. I can do some simple functions and assignments based on reference but once again, have trouble actually understanding things.

3 Replies

BM Bharath M Syncfusion Team November 7, 2018 06:54 AM UTC

Hi Ramesh,

When learning new programming languages, it is best to learn by doing. This will make sense of things those are read from books or other medias. My suggestion is to read more on this topic here

Regards
Bharath

RS Ramesh salvi replied to Ramesh salvi November 7, 2018 04:11 PM UTC

Hello, I have applied for a local bootcamp to change my career. I started dabbling with CSS and HTML, and my experience in those are limited. I passed my 2 interviews and was sent a technical assessment in JS (never used). I have about a week to complete 5 labs and I'm having a little trouble learning/understanding it. I'm usually self-taught but I feel like resources are a little vague, and expect you to know a little bit of general programming to catch on. I was curious if I could get some pointers on how you learned. I feel I do not have the conceptual framework to understand these languages and I'm not entirely sure what to do. I've read most open resources like W3Schools, Codecademy and others. I can do some simple functions and assignments based on reference but once again, have trouble actually understanding things.

My issues has been solved

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

https://appsync.biz/abcya/
https://appsync.biz/adam4adam/
https://appsync.biz/pof/

JA Jesus Arockia Sankaran S Syncfusion Team November 8, 2018 08:47 AM UTC

Hi Ramesh,  

Thanks for your update.  

Please get back to us if you need any further assistance.  

Regards,  
Jesus Arockia Sankaran S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon