We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

customize thumnail generation

Hi,

is there a way to customize the thumbnails images .

i want to make a pdf documents manager , the thumbnail of the file should a screen of the first page of the file :
i have found some solution to extract the pdf image using the pdf library but i don't know how to replace the thumb image with the custom generated one  in the file explorer.

i would also want to make teh thumb size bigger .
my goal is to mimic paperport software , please look at the attached screenshots

thanks .

Attachment: screens_cd78adcf.zip

2 Replies

DL Deepa Loganathan Syncfusion Team November 12, 2018 12:21 PM UTC

Hi Issam,  

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.  

We have analyzed on the feasibility of the reported requirement and we can achieve your requirement “to use a custom image preview option” as a custom sample by overriding the default behavior of File explorer. Based on the complexity of this requirement, we will need 8 more business days, so we will update you with the custom sample within 8 business days. 

We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards,  
Deepa L. 

CI Christopher Issac Sunder K Syncfusion Team November 19, 2018 12:51 PM UTC

Hi Issam, 

Thank you for being patient. 

We have prepared the sample to use the custom image preview option in FileExplorer and the sample can be downloaded from the below location. 

In the provided sample, we have used Pdfium to convert the pdf document into image and also overrided the in-built FileExplorer functionalities to use the custom image preview option in FileExplorer. 

Regarding your Query about  i would also want to make teh thumb size bigger , 

We have provided the e-thumbImage class for corresponding Image tag. You can use this class to customize the Images in your application. 

Please let us know if you have any concerns. 

Thanks, 
Christo

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon