We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Select a grid control for working with Excel formulas

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

140720 Nov 3,2018 05:03 PM UTC Nov 5,2018 06:28 PM UTC WPF 1
Tags: GridControl
Sergey
Asked On November 3, 2018 05:03 PM UTC

Hello.
Excuse my ignorance, I'm totally newbie in C# world, but still...
We have a very old (20 years old) project and want to rewrite it in modern manner. Key feature in project is Excel-like table and formula's calculations.
So we are looking for modern gui control (this control is primary, and language\environment is secondary) with similar functionality:
- Operations on cells level (control each cell's style).
- Calculations using Excel-like formulas.
I found several grid in your product list (GridControl and sfDataGrid).
First (GridControl) have all functions what I want, but I don't know how to use it in WPF with MVVM pattern. I don't want to have spagetti from view and data mix. It looks like this component created for Windows Forms. also it's marked as deprecated.
Second (sfDataGrid) don't have what I'm expecting (formulas, cell's properties; only column-level), but it's going in MVVM way and in active development.
So, please, explain: do you have now a gui control for wpf which emulate behavior of Excel spreadsheet?
Thanks.
PS. Also as I understand your grids under JS world also don't have formula support and cell's properties?

Deivaselvan Y [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 5, 2018 06:28 PM UTC

Hi Sergey, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion products. 

Please find the below attached sample for GridControl with MVVM pattern. 

Sample link: 

SfDataGrid does not have support for Excel-Like formulas. If you want to add the formulas, use it as expression for unbound columns.  
Please refer the below UG for more details, 

UG Link: 

Regards, 
Deivaselvan 

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Please sign in to access our forum

or the page will be automatically redirected to sign-in page in 10 seconds.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;