We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon
If you became a customer of the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or the Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer components before October 2019 and have questions related to those products, you can request support through our forum system. However, please note that this support system is only for existing customers who are still using the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or its components and not for new customers looking for reporting products from Syncfusion.

For new customers or those with general reporting questions, we recommend contacting our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/, which is a separate brand created by Syncfusion for its reporting solutions. Our team will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.

Thank you for choosing Syncfusion for your reporting needs.

How to generate a report on report server using two or more data sets?

Hi Team,

Is it possible to generate a single report using two or more data sets? If yes , can you please point me with some references on how to do this.
I am aware of the documentation of using queries/joins on the data base to generate reports but I am intending to use datasets and generate reports from two or more datasets.

Looking forward to see your response.

Thanks,
Amanpreet

3 Replies

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team November 2, 2018 12:29 PM UTC

Hi Amanpreet, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Yes, we can create multiple dataset for single report by using both Desktop ReportDesigner and Web ReportDesigner. Please refer the below steps to create and use multiple datasets in both Desktop and  
Web ReportDesigner. 

1.Desktop Report Designer: 

1. Create Multiple Dataset
We can create the multiple dataset by choosing the Add Dataset shown in below snap. 

1. Choose datasets for creating reportitems.
We can choose the datasets for assigning data to created chart reportitem as shown in below snap. 

2.Web Report Designer: 

1. Create Multiple Dataset
We can create the multiple dataset by choosing the Add Dataset shown in below snap. 

1. Choose datasets for creating reportitems.
We can choose the datasets for assigning data to created chart reportitem as shown in below snap. 

If you need to modify the dataset for chart report item then we can choose the dataset name by clicking the dataset dropdown as highlighted above. 

Please refer the below links for Steps to create a dataset in Desktop and Web ReportDesigner. 

Regards, 
Mageshyadav.M 

AM Amanpreet November 2, 2018 01:19 PM UTC

Hi Mageshyadav ,

I am aware of the fact that we can create multiple data sets and I am able to do that. But my query was regarding how to generate a report using data from multiple data sets. For example - If I have Employee data set with data as Name, Address, Phone Number, Email etc. and I have another Employer data set with data as Employer Name, Employee Name, Employer Address, Employer Email etc. And my requirement is to generate a report which contains data from both the data sets like Employee-Employer report with data as Name and Email from Employee data set and Employer Name and Employer Email from Employer data set.

Let me know in case you need any more inputs.
Looking forward to see your response.

Regards,
Amanpreet

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team November 5, 2018 11:28 AM UTC

Hi Amanpreet, 

Thanks for clarifying your requirement. 

We have already logged a feature task regarding your requirement "Support to combine data from multiple datasources/datasets". We have plans to include this feature in any of our upcoming releases. 

Regards, 
Mageshyadav.M 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon