We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Programmatically adding an instance of a component

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

140670 Oct 31,2018 03:49 PM UTC Nov 1,2018 06:27 AM UTC WinForms 1
Tags: GridControl
WindChaser
Asked On October 31, 2018 03:49 PM UTC

Hi there!

I'm new to SyncFusion and this is a beginner's question (i.e. pretty stupid question).  How can I programmatically add an instance of the Grid control (in other words, Dim Grid1 as New SyncFusion.GridControl )?  I need to do so because I want to use the control inside ActiveReports where the instance is defined as a custom control and must be redefined using code.  Thanks!!!

Arulraj A [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 1, 2018 06:27 AM UTC

Hi Michel, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion products. 

You can initialize a grid control using Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControl constructor, the following code example explains the same. 

VB 
‘Declaring a new GridControl object 
Private gridControl1 As Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControl 
'Initializing the GridControl.  
Me.gridControl1 = New Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControl()  

Please refer the following user guide links for more details. 
Locally installed Samples: {Installed Drive}:\Users\Public\Documents\Syncfusion\Windows\{ES Version}\Grid.Windows\Samples 

Let us know whether this helps also if you need any further assistance on this. 

Arulraj A 

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Please sign in to access our forum

This page will automatically be redirected to the sign-in page in 10 seconds.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;