We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SfTreeView crashes iOS app

I'm trying to use SfTreeView in my iOS app, but the app crashes whenever the SfTreeView control would be rendered.  I have added the extra SfTreeView.Init() command as per the documentation, and even tried removing all bindings and templates from my SfTreeView - it still crashes when it's supposed to be drawn.  Are there any suggestions for this issue?

4 Replies

JN Jayaleshwari N Syncfusion Team November 1, 2018 07:27 AM UTC

Hi Peter, 

Thanks for Contacting Syncfusion Support. 

We have checked the reported query “SfTreeView crashes iOS app” from our side. Unfortunately the reported issue does not reproduced at our end. We have prepared the sample by adding SfTreeView as the content to ContentPage and its working fine with our end without crash.  

We have attached the tested sample (16.3.0.21) for reference and you can download the same from the following location. 

Could you please check with the above sample? Whether the reported issue reproduced in our sample also. If not, we would request you to modify the sample or could you please update us the following details which would be better to provide the appropriate solution. 

• Crash report or stack trace occurred
  • Full xaml page you have used in our application.
  • Replication procedure to reproduce the issue.

Regards, 
Jayaleshwari N 

PN Peter Nary November 1, 2018 02:09 PM UTC

Thank you!  I was able to track down the issue using your sample.  I was calling treeview.ExpandNodes in an OnSizeAllocated override for the view, and that appears to work in both Android and UWP but not iOS.  ExpandNodes works elsewhere, just not in the OnSizeAllocated override.

RS Rawoof Sharief Muthuja Sherif Syncfusion Team November 3, 2018 03:12 PM UTC

Hi Peter,   

We have confirmed  that the reported issue “NullReferenceException occurs in iOS platform when ExpandNodes method called in OnSizeAllocated method of the page.” is a defect and we have logged a defect report for this. The fix for this issue will be included in our upcoming 2018 Volume 4 main release which will be expected to be available by the mid of December 2018. We will appreciate your patience until then.  

Regards,     
Rawoof M. 

JN Jayaleshwari N Syncfusion Team December 11, 2018 11:56 AM UTC

Hi Peter,   

We are glad to announce that our Essential Studio 2018 Volume 4 beta Release v16.4.0.40 is rolled out and is available for download under the following link.    

The reported issue “NullReferenceException occurs in iOS platform when ExpandNodes method called in OnSizeAllocated method of the page. has been fixed and included in this release .We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance.    

Regards,    
Jayaleshwari N. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon