We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Big size of build file on Vue

I have done and small code only to see results.
I have included only DatePickerPlugin to test as the example on your page.
All is running well on npm run dev.
When I run "npm run build" the final result is 1,4 Mb with only one component imported and used.
Why is so high the final result?

7 Replies

BM Balaji M Syncfusion Team September 5, 2018 05:55 PM UTC

Hi Natxo, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

We have looked into your query. The Larger size of the Bundle file is due to an issue in Vue tree shaking from our side. We have logged this issue and will fix the same and provide you the solution within the final week patch release of September 2018.  

Let us know, if you have any concerns. 

Regards, 
M. Balaji  

NA Natxo September 6, 2018 08:00 AM UTC

Thanks for your great attention!

PK Prem Kumar Madhan Raj Syncfusion Team September 6, 2018 10:38 AM UTC

Hi Natxo, 

Most welcome. Please let us know if you any need further assistance. 

Regards, 

Prem Kumar M 

NA natxo October 1, 2018 06:02 PM UTC

Hi.
I have tried again the same example but the result is similar size.

Only with datepicker component imported, and with the simple example on your docs, the size is 1,46 MB.
Is the patch about this problem done?

Thanks.

PO Prince Oliver Syncfusion Team October 2, 2018 01:09 PM UTC

Hi Natxo, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We are currently working on this with high priority and the fix for the issue will be included in the upcoming patch which is scheduled for next week.  

Regards, 
Prince 

DJ Dan Johnson October 29, 2018 03:06 PM UTC

I am also seeing huge file size which is a huge concern.  Importing just grids, menu and dropdowns baloons the common chunk to over 8mb.  We are seeing problems with our clients in testing and can't push this to production until this gets resolved.  When will this issue be resolved?

JA Jesus Arockia Sankaran S Syncfusion Team October 30, 2018 10:02 AM UTC

Hi, 

We have checked this issue, and we are not able to replicate it.  We have attached a sample for verification where the production build size is 700Kb only. We suspect that older version of webpack is used and insist you upgrade it by either installing “webpack version 4” or switching to the latest version of “vue-cli”. 

Reference Image

Please get back to us if you need further assistance.  

Regards, 
Jesus Arockia Sankaran S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon