We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

nesting sflistview inside sftabview renders blank on ios

It renders perfectly on Android (well actually, not perfectly, I have to add a 55px margin due to using a MasterDetailPage as the root page and the top nav interferes with the Measurement of the TabView items so I always lost the last 55px of content inside the sfListView. Hence the Margin of 0,0,0,55 on the ListView)
It renders empty on iOS. What gives? Are these controls somehow incompatible?
x:Name="tabView"
DisplayMode="Text"
OverflowMode="Scroll"
TabHeaderBackgroundColor="SlateGray"
VisibleHeaderCount="4"
HorizontalOptions="StartAndExpand"
>
Title="Basics"
SelectionColor="White"
TitleFontColor="White"
FontIconFontColor="White"
TitleFontSize="12"
>
AllowGroupExpandCollapse="{Binding AllowCollapse}"
GroupHeaderTemplate="{StaticResource FieldGroupHeaderTemplate}"
ItemSize="80"
SelectionBackgroundColor="Transparent"
ItemsSource="{Binding Fields}"
ItemTemplate="{StaticResource UserProfileFieldDisplay}"
TapCommand="{Binding Source={x:Reference ContentRoot}, Path=BindingContext.FieldSelectedCommand}"
Margin="0,0,0,55">

9 Replies

PA Paul Anderson S Syncfusion Team October 29, 2018 07:05 AM UTC

Hi Mark,

Greetings from Syncfusion.

Query: “Renderer issue on iOS platform”

We could not reproduce the issue “nesting SfListView inside the SfTabView renderer blank on iOS”. We have prepared a sample based on your requirement, in which inside the MasterDetailPage we have added SfTabView and inside the SfTabView content we have added SfListView. Please download the sample for the same from the link given below.

Sample link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/TabViewMasterDetailPage209572036  

If the issue get reproduced at your end, please update us with modified sample. This could help us to provide better solution on this.

Note: We suspect that the Renderer on AppDelegate.cs file could be missed, so that the control was not shown on the screen.

For more information please follow the below link: https://help.syncfusion.com/xamarin/sftabview/getting-started#tab-view-for-xamarinforms  

Query: “Margin issue on Android platform.

We could not reproduce this issue “55px margin issue on Android platform”. Please check the above given sample and let us know if you have any issue with this.

Regards,
Paul Anderson

MA Mark November 8, 2018 06:01 AM UTC

I tested it on my laptop just now and using the UWP version I do see the TabView but do not see the ListViews in those tabs. Attached is a screenshot of what i see. I experience this issue on both UWP and iOS but NOT android. I don't understand why.

Attachment: syncfusion_tabview_screens_9521fb6c.zip

PA Paul Anderson S Syncfusion Team November 8, 2018 07:06 AM UTC

Hi Mark, 

Can you please provide the below requested information which will be helpful in analyzing the reported issue at our end. 

- Is the issue reproduced in the sample we provided in our previous update or in your sample alone. 
- Is is possible to replicate the issue in our sample if it differs. 
- Are you getting the issue in both Debug and Release Mode. 

Please let us know if you have any concern. 

Regards, 
Paul Anderson 

MA Mark November 23, 2018 08:49 PM UTC

- Is the issue reproduced in the sample we provided in our previous update or in your sample alone. 

Yes, I am able to reproduce the issue from the sample you provided. On both UWP and iOS.

- Is is possible to replicate the issue in our sample if it differs. 

Sample does not differ.

- Are you getting the issue in both Debug and Release Mode. 

Yes, same issue in both Debug and Release mode.

PA Paul Anderson S Syncfusion Team November 28, 2018 12:15 PM UTC

Hi Mark, 

Thanks for your response. 

We could reproduce this issue on Xamarin.Forms.UWP platform. The fix for the same will be included in our Volume 4 Service pack 1, which is expected to be rolled by January 2019.  
Meanwhile, we can overcome this issue by adding the ListView inside the Grid. Please have the modified sample for the same from the link given below. 

Regarding the issue with iOS, we are not able to reproduce the issue in iOS platform and we have captured a video which is available in the below link. 

Please let us know if you have any concern about this. 

Regards, 
Paul Anderson 

MA Mark December 9, 2018 10:09 PM UTC

Hi, I think i figured out the problem. I was setting the BindingContext on the Grid that contained the TabItem. Expecting the BindingContext to be inherited from the parent object. This resulted in the TabItem to have it's content rendered BLANK. Please see the attached code. I modified your code to apply the binding context the way I was doing it but only on the First Tab Item. The first tab item is blank, the other two work. This gives me a work around but this behavior is incorrect and should be fixed, I think.

PA Paul Anderson S Syncfusion Team December 10, 2018 11:38 AM UTC

Hi Mark, 

Thanks for the update. We couldn’t find the files you have mentioned as attached. Can you please provide the modified file so that we can check and proceed further with the reported issue. 

Regards, 
Paul Anderson 

MA Mark December 11, 2018 02:17 AM UTC

here is the attached file

Attachment: MasterDetailPage_dc9d656d.zip

PA Paul Anderson S Syncfusion Team December 11, 2018 09:52 AM UTC

Hi Mark, 

Thanks for the issue reproducing sample. 

We checked your sample and the issue reproduced in UWP alone. Android and iOS works fine setting the BindingContext to the Grid. We have logged a defect report already for the issue with UWP and has been fixed. The fix will be available in our Volume 4 2018 release which will be rolled out by next week [Mid of December]. 

Regards, 
Paul Anderson

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon